9 To Go

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
Hope all my fellow brothers and sisters had a good week, and not that I am counting or anything but down to 9. I rewarded my self with a T-bone steak and a 12 of Labatt. Gonna going to be a good night. LOL

:happy-very:

ideliver2u67

20 Down
I hear ya. Had a good day going to for a friday. Till I got a message to help a guy in my loop. Oh well, still punched out at 6:45. Not bad considering the MAJOR snow storm we had here in upstate NY. 9 days left thats GREAT..Sipping on a cold Labatts myself.

DazedandConfused

Hope all my fellow brothers and sisters had a good week, and not that I am counting or anything but down to 9. I rewarded my self with a T-bone steak and a 12 of Labatt. Gonna going to be a good night. LOL

:happy-very:
Wish that was my lunch before I started the country part of my run. Would have made all the icy driveways a lot more enjoyable walking. LMAO:happy-very:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I hear ya. Had a good day going to for a friday. Till I got a message to help a guy in my loop. Oh well, still punched out at 6:45. Not bad considering the MAJOR snow storm we had here in upstate NY. 9 days left thats GREAT..Sipping on a cold Labatts myself.

Wish that was my lunch before I started the country part of my run. Would have made all the icy driveways a lot more enjoyable walking. LMAO:happy-very:

Your major snowstorm gave us late air Wednesday and Thursday. The nice part was they shuttled the air to us rather than have us go back to the bldg. I know the Joe Unions here will gripe about that but the 1/2 hour that it would take to go back for the air can be better spent getting 25-30 residential stops off.

I do feel sorry for those people who were forced to spend 10-12 hours sitting in their cars on the Thruway waiting for the wind to die down so they could plow.

6 days here. They have sign ups for the 22 and 23 and the 24th is always a partial shift day. Taking N Y week off and that`s all she wrote. See you in January.

browniehound

9 working days left here until peak starts. Peak is never too bad for me. They add the right amount of routes and in the right areas. There is no breaking route to deliver a school this time of year.

Immediately after X-mas is when things start to suck. January is busy to start with, then they cut all baselines on Monday and Friday. I'm working about 9 hours/day now but that will increase to close to 10/day after new year's day.

Management puts so much thought and effort into planning for peak that it actually works out nicely here. Why can't they carry this over to the other 10.5 months instead of just winging it?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I was having a pretty good peak until yesterday; while hooking up a pup trailer, I dropped the stinger onto my little toe. The stinger is the 15 lb steel bar with the trailer ball on it that slides into the receiver. It has a sharp corner on it that hit me right in the middle of my little toe.

The pain...was exquisite. It was truly amazing. I screamed out cuss words in languages I didnt even know. My sup came out and helped me finish the day, and after work I went to the ER. Its broken, and all swollen and black and blue. My peak is going to suck now, even with a full time helper its still going to hurt like hell.

This is how it looked half an hour later. Its even uglier now. At least they gave me some Percocet!:happy-very:
the toe.jpg

What'dyabringmetoday???

Your major snowstorm gave us late air Wednesday and Thursday. The nice part was they shuttled the air to us rather than have us go back to the bldg. I know the Joe Unions here will gripe about that but the 1/2 hour that it would take to go back for the air can be better spent getting 25-30 residential stops off.

I do feel sorry for those people who were forced to spend 10-12 hours sitting in their cars on the Thruway waiting for the wind to die down so they could plow.
Joe Unions? I thought those were the guys that bad mouth the union until they are in a scrape then pretend they believe in the union. Certainly you could still deliver those stops in the 1/2 hour after you go back for air.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Damn those toenails are a crime!

I went in to get a pedicure once, and the owner of the salon called 911 and screamed at me to leave. Last time I checked, she was still in therapy. If I need my toenails worked on now I go to a local machine shop where they use an industrial-strength grinder and a hydraulic press.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Can you drive while taking that???
If u need the narcotic for pain, it does not much affect your space and vis etc. I have seen people work on narcotics and they are fine, just out of pain. It seems the euphoria of the drug is wasted on those who take it for recreational purposes.