'97 Strike Resulted in UPS Going Public

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well let's also not forget how many billions ups paid to get out of that plan.

I'm not saying just tell the old guys tough :censored2: but I don't think lack of funds from ups is a problem with the central states pension.

Absolutely agree that most UPS Union workers will vote themselves a raise rather then give up anything for a bunch of dinosaurs.

It sucks to be a retired UPS Driver?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
image.jpeg
It sucks to be a retired UPS Driver?
Huh!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
No. Most UPS Union retirees, FT or PT, with a bit of proper planning live pretty well being retired. Maybe not by your standards, but better than most for just being a box monkey all your life.
Most driver's lived "better" than me.
I invested money along the way.
I imagine most UPS drivers still live "better" than me.
I have yet to touch my investments in retirement.

Most driver's lived "better" than me.
I invested money along the way.
I imagine most UPS drivers still live "better" than me.
I have yet to touch my investments in retirement.
Oh but I really doubt most UPS Union employees retired or working live better than you. Maybe if their spouse has a really high paying job or if they inherited some money or if they are really into debt. Mostly just an illusion.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Oh but I really doubt most UPS Union employees retired or working live better than you. Maybe if their spouse has a really high paying job or if they inherited some money or if they are really into debt. Mostly just an illusion.
I do agree that living better is mostly an illusion.

I talked my wife into not working when she was in her 30's.
She and I are a good team in managing expenses and enjoying life.

I also agree, few people can live better than me because of the approach I take towards life.
I need very little money!