A Carefully Crafted Image Gone Awry

HomeDelivery

A lot of lawsuits against FedEx never see the light of day because Fred has a veritable army of lawyers who will try and starve you out through changing venues, bumping cases up to higher courts, and generally stalling to make you use-up of all of your resources and go broke before the case comes to trial.

i finally found a few former owner-operators that sued, but settled... gag order, never to be an employee of any FedEx branch, but still can be an employee of another contractor though:knockedout:

DontThrowPackages

This is what I've wondered for as long as I can remember. If someone is driving a company truck and is involved in an accident and even though the other driver was at fault, the company still gives the truck driver a " preventable". Its a wonder the public doesnt run into a company truck everyday. Just wait until the "preventable" ruling on the company driver and then go to court and collect. The company has already done the work by deeming the Truck driver was in the wrong.. just sayin.

DontThrowPackages

It's only considered preventable under the CSA scoring standards. Not legally at fault.

I would think any lawyer could still use that information against the company. Subpena the driver and a copy of the write up given to the driver on how he should have not done "A" but should have done "B".
Sounds to me, they're saying the drive is to blame. Doubt many courts would see it any different.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's only considered preventable under the CSA scoring standards. Not legally at fault.

Interesting that we now have a separate shill for each opco. Hey Sunshine, lets talk about flat-rate Ground drivers. You know, the ones who work 60 hrs per week for a pittance?

STFXG

Interesting that we now have a separate shill for each opco. Hey Sunshine, lets talk about flat-rate Ground drivers. You know, the ones who work 60 hrs per week for a pittance?

My guys are actually paid an hourly wage based on the median rate paid for that job title for my area. They also get overtime over 40hrs and double time on holidays. I dont pay a daily rate.

But if you'd like to debate why the daily rate is acceptable and legal I'd be more than happy to explain it to you. Since you obviously can't understand it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My guys are actually paid an hourly wage based on the median rate paid for that job title for my area. They also get overtime over 40hrs and double time on holidays. I dont pay a daily rate.

But if you'd like to debate why the daily rate is acceptable and legal I'd be more than happy to explain it to you. Since you obviously can't understand it.

Sure. What's the median rate? $10 per hour?

STFXG

Haha good point. Median here is close enough to the national median. And my guys make more than the national median. With all their overtime of course.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Haha good point. Median here is close enough to the national median. And my guys make more than the national median. With all their overtime of course.

A big part of the Ground scam is not paying overtime. Why, pray tell, are you such a good guy?

STFXG

I ran a single area for years and I still run as many hours as my guys. The job sucks. It is what it is. It's not about being a good guy it's about doing what right. I believe anyone working over 40 hours in a week deserves time and a half.
They do have the option of taking every 2 hours of overtime and taking standard pay for those hours and getting 1 hour of PTO in exchange. It's the only way I can afford to offer a fair amount of time off and still pay fairly for the job. It keeps costs down a bit with me driving while they're off and keeps them from burning out with a decent amount of time off.

vantexan

I ran a single area for years and I still run as many hours as my guys. The job sucks. It is what it is. It's not about being a good guy it's about doing what right. I believe anyone working over 40 hours in a week deserves time and a half.
They do have the option of taking every 2 hours of overtime and taking standard pay for those hours and getting 1 hour of PTO in exchange. It's the only way I can afford to offer a fair amount of time off and still pay fairly for the job. It keeps costs down a bit with me driving while they're off and keeps them from burning out with a decent amount of time off.

That's certainly better than some set-ups we've heard about on here. Still wonder why you won't tell us what you pay them. I've thought about when I take my pension working for Ground but I think I'd be better off just staying with Express, and I'm not staying if I can help it.

STFXG

I just don't like putting specifics out there for someone else's pay. It ends up being more than the average 120 per day and more than the average piece rate paid in my area. it also helps with safety and keeps them from beating on the trucks. I pay more for labor than most but have reliable, safety conscious guys running. I think we can all agree this job isn't worth not coming home from or injuring someone we don't know...