A fair days work for a fair days pay.

ManInBrown

These last 4-6 weeks have been the worst dispatches/working conditions I've ever seen. Unrealistic dispatches. Loading drivers up to the gills. More than 75% of my center has been getting done after 8pm every night. Many getting done after 9 and some working 13:59 every day. It's horrible. Our center manager keeps giving us the old hang in there. We're short on drivers. Too many being lost to feeder. Blah Blah Blah. Blah Blah Blah. Something tells me this is all a push to try to get some to quit. Maybe they're making a concerted effort to push out the old guard who are on their way out very soon any way. Whatever it is, it's the worst I've ever seen. It always gets bad this time of year because of max drivers on vacation, but never seen it this bad.

I've also started to notice something else. They let newer runner gunners go home when finished, instead of asking them to help. And I think the reason they do it is, because they want that scratch in the books for that day. They already know the driver that is screwed is going to be 100+ clicks over so why ruin the runner gunner scratch. They let them come in and just leave everyone buried out to dry.

What's it like in the BOG right now? Upstate still punching out at 6 every day? Can't even believe I work for the same company after reading some of the fairlyand pixie dust stories I read on here.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
These last 4-6 weeks have been the worst dispatches/working conditions I've ever seen. Unrealistic dispatches. Loading drivers up to the gills. More than 75% of my center has been getting done after 8pm every night. Many getting done after 9 and some working 13:59 every day. It's horrible. Our center manager keeps giving us the old hang in there. We're short on drivers. Too many being lost to feeder. Blah Blah Blah. Blah Blah Blah. Something tells me this is all a push to try to get some to quit. Maybe they're making a concerted effort to push out the old guard who are on their way out very soon any way. Whatever it is, it's the worst I've ever seen. It always gets bad this time of year because of max drivers on vacation, but never seen it this bad.

What's it like in the BOG right now? Upstate still punching out at 6 every day? Can't even believe I work for the same company after reading some of the fairlyand pixie dust stories I read on here.
I've had this exact conversation with several drivers in my building during the last month.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
It can be worse... working at the purple side.

I'm clocking out on Tuesday& Wednesday at 2200-2330 the past 2 months. Rest of the week is after 2000 & if I just put the lead on the right foot, I can be done by 1930, which is rare.

All for about half of what u brownies get with no OT & benefits

_20170612_081732.JPG

This week was pretty easy though, 45 on road hours, but that doesn't account for HD drivers preloading their own package cars, so add about 11 hours of working for free loading & pretrip.

Once peak arrives, they fudge the numbers to try to stay under the 70 hour limit

Just learn to play the game safely and file that 9.5 w/ grievances. Collect the $ for their mismanagement.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

I've also started to notice something else. They let newer runner gunners go home when finished, instead of asking them to help. And I think the reason they do it is, because they want that scratch in the books for that day. They already know the driver that is screwed is going to be 100+ clicks over so why ruin the runner gunner scratch. They let them come in and just leave everyone buried out to dry.

The newbies can't help. Morons in Atlanta cant see their arse past a generated Orion report. How did we ever prosper and grow as a company with these monkeys?

JL 0513

OP, it sounds like you're getting it done. If you're getting it done, they'll keep giving it to you. How old are you)what kind of shape are you in? The job is physical, but shouldn't be doing to you what you are describing. Unless perhaps you're in a very hot climate which does drain the hell out of you. Work at a normal fair pace that insures your safety and if you finish after 9pm every night, you can start to see those stops disappear.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I'll be 50 this yr. I have never felt the way this guy says he feels. We are all working 11 to 12 hrs in our center. Due to 4 disabilities and vacations. We are exploding at the seams here. Just gonna run up to x mas. Thinking 60 hr weeks between the holidays

rod

Retired 22 years
I got paid $25 an hour last Saturday for helping a few old ladies get rid of their recycle stuff at the town hall. The township pays its workers $75 for 3 hours work on Recycle Day and we can't get anyone to sign up to fill a few vacancies. All the other township work I do I get $20 an hour. Not a bad retirement job considering I'm my own boss and set my own hours------------which aren't many ---just enough to keep me in beer/toy money and get me out of the house.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It means they can't harass you for performance/results when you're doing the best as safely as you can.
They can still harass you but it won't go anywhere....the stops have ballooned in the last couple years for no reason....everybody needs to get on the 9.5 list ... EVERYBODY.