A fair days work for a fair days pay.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I got paid $25 an hour last Saturday for helping a few old ladies get rid of their recycle stuff at the town hall. The township pays its workers $75 for 3 hours work on Recycle Day and we can't get anyone to sign up to fill a few vacancies. All the other township work I do I get $20 an hour. Not a bad retirement job considering I'm my own boss and set my own hours------------which aren't many ---just enough to keep me in beer/toy money and get me out of the house.
Maybe you should take @Monkey Butt with you.. or better yet, don't. He might try to hit on the old ladies and scare them.

Rack em

Made the Podium
They can still harass you but it won't go anywhere....the stops have ballooned in the last couple years for no reason....everybody needs to get on the 9.5 list ... EVERYBODY.
I have been telling drivers this for over a year. Some days we have 3-4 drivers laid off while some routes are going out with a 12+ hour planned day which is ridiculous. If every driver got on the 9-5 list when they qualify, then it would force the company to add routes and keep layoffs down!

I'm tired of hearing drivers constantly complain about their day in the morning, yet they never get on the 9-5 list. We have ONE driver on the list is all.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The 9.5 list is a joke.
You jump through all the hoops and at the end of it is HARASSMENT.
The Teamsters should prioritize some of these centers that have blatant disregard for "fair day's work"
My center isn't too bad, but some of the centers I read about on here are nightmares.
No route should have more than a 9 hour planned day.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That wouldn't work. Although lifting sacks of recycle stuff out of peoples cars and trucks isn't back breaking work it is still "work". You have to remember @monkeybutt was in management. If the recycle program needs someone to sit at a desk I will contact him.
can he smoke a joint at the reception desk??? Do you think any of the old timers would notice the smell???

davidix

I feel like this every Saturday and only by Sunday do I feel like i can function. This job breaks you down if you're not on a set cushy rout you're gonna have to get the worst of the worst. The boss literally doesn't give 2 :censored2:s about you. You have to decide weather you want to speed up and get home or go at a safe pace and work all night.

Over 70

It can be worse... working at the purple side.

I'm clocking out on Tuesday& Wednesday at 2200-2330 the past 2 months. Rest of the week is after 2000 & if I just put the lead on the right foot, I can be done by 1930, which is rare.

All for about half of what u brownies get with no OT & benefits

View attachment 140432

This week was pretty easy though, 45 on road hours, but that doesn't account for HD drivers preloading their own package cars, so add about 11 hours of working for free loading & pretrip.

Once peak arrives, they fudge the numbers to try to stay under the 70 hour limit

Just learn to play the game safely and file that 9.5 w/ grievances. Collect the $ for their mismanagement.

I'd find a different job if I were you. What's the reason to stay?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It can be worse... working at the purple side.

I'm clocking out on Tuesday& Wednesday at 2200-2330 the past 2 months. Rest of the week is after 2000 & if I just put the lead on the right foot, I can be done by 1930, which is rare.

All for about half of what u brownies get with no OT & benefits

View attachment 140432

This week was pretty easy though, 45 on road hours, but that doesn't account for HD drivers preloading their own package cars, so add about 11 hours of working for free loading & pretrip.

Once peak arrives, they fudge the numbers to try to stay under the 70 hour limit

Just learn to play the game safely and file that 9.5 w/ grievances. Collect the $ for their mismanagement.
Vote Yes to Union.

th

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I'd find a different job if I were you. What's the reason to stay?

I am a closet S&M guy who likes to bend ova with no lube, yo!
Mr-Slave.transparent.png

well, really, i am waiting for my replacement:

Robot Driver, iO, is coming by the time they merge HD and Ground!