A lot of unhappy campers in teamcare's first few days....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Don't worry guys I'm sure in due time ups management, except for the cream of the crop, will be switched over to team care medical also...If that happens you know it's a great plan because ups would never screw their own....

fightingthegoodfight

Having a son who just recently. Had half of his brain removed we spent a total of over two months in the hospital and using a total of 12 weeks of FMLA (over a 9 month period) everything was covered with no worries now I feel like just handing over 2 grand to team care which is the same as paying about 200 a month...

Really does suck if you are a family that knows you will be spending the 2 grand each and every year

Having a son who just recently. Had half of his brain removed we spent a total of over two months in the hospital and using a total of 12 weeks of FMLA (over a 9 month period) everything was covered with no worries now I feel like just handing over 2 grand to team care which is the same as paying about 200 a month...

Really does suck if you are a family that knows you will be spending the 2 grand each and every year

It's only $1000 per year out of pocket cap per individual. The $2000 cap is per family.

fightingthegoodfight

Thanks buddy but when you have a son...that means you have a family...they pay 80% while I pay 20% of my salery each year what made this job so great was the 100% coverage...our plan is equal to omabas silver plan... that's comforting

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Somethin

Something like that in my building and we would have a collection or fund raiser for you to get you some help.

fightingthegoodfight

My drivers and employees did help me HUGE for the surgery and time off but he will continue to need follow MRI physical thepery and a number of neurons vists he was getting PT and OT three times a week now I have to get used to paying 200 dollars here 400 dollars there 350 dollars here until I reach 2000. His really makes this difficult for me and my family now

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Now this video says 0$ deductible is this just my local plan or everyone's plan...so confused

It's hard to decipher. Down at the bottom of the FAQ's (L177) it says that if you're a retiree that "no changes will be made to your plan". That is pure false.

For you, it also says in the FAQ's, here I'll copy and paste it:

While your benefits remain mostly identical to those enjoyed under the UPS Company Plan, the Teamsters Western Region and Local 177 Health Care Fund offers three improvements over the UPS Company Plan: 1) lower emergency room copayment; 2) the Five Year Family Protection Plan; and 3) lower out-of-pocket cap for families ($2,000 per family vs. $1,000 per person under UPS Plan).

I don't read that as an improvement at all as I retired from L177 and enjoyed the BEST healthcare that the company has ever offered.

deede99

All these "great" 100% service. none are available in North Central WV. I have to drive to PA. or Morgantown to take advantage. There isn't even an in network Dentist in this area! I know it is WV but I like having teeth.

dumptheoldguardteamsters

No MONDAY morning quarterback here... I been involved .... What's up with your sell out local,?,
Most of the same concessions as the master?? What good is being on your own if you are giving away the same concessions?? SELLOUT

Sent using BrownCafe App