A new cold war?

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Just asking, not slandering. You seem to link to more than a couple of offbeat sources. I was just curious if you subscribed to them.

I'm not debating you at all, unless you'd like to have a discussion about the situation in the Ukraine.

I do find Ruppert to be a bit 'out there' though. He does subscribe to some far out theories, IMO, of course ;)

wkmac

If I subscribed to his entire theory, I could easily have posted the entire 2 plus hour talk from 2004'. I only posted the above because it was very specific to Brzezinski's "The Grand Chessboard" and with the events of recent in the Ukraine, it does IMO show a pattern and thus one possibility. Even more interesting is that we have 10 years now to compare to what he said in 2004' and then compare to what we know now.

If one considers the larger question of energy and resource control, if one looks at a oil and gas pipeline map of Eurasia, once again the points Ruppert made in 2004' from Brzezinski's book are worth pondering. No, doesn't make them fact but I wouldn't ignore them either.

As to 9/11, I'm open to other possibilities and when information comes out, sure I'm willing to give it pause. I'm not even afraid to post it here and open it up for others to consider. If that gives you problem then I guess I'm better able to appreciate the point Aristotle made.

As to linking "off beat"sources, it's interesting that I've gotten private responses from many who appreciate the fact that I do post source material from a whole variety of different sources. While at the same time, some like you will assert I fit in a specific box of a narrative you create while at the very same time others here who are your opposite will accuse me of making posts that put me in the opposite narrative.

I look at it that it both narrow narratives are attacking me equally, I'm doing something right. BTW: I'm reading Joseph Pierre Proudhon and Mikhail Bakunin of recent if you want to now call me a communist. Besides, I've read Marx too and do agree somewhat with some of his class theory but the rest of his economics just suks. Bakunin was right when he warned Marx on using the State.

And one last thing, back to what Ruppert was discussing, this one map among many of the Eurasian natural gas pipeline network seems to me to re-enforce the point he was making from "The Grand Chessboard." Enjoy!

image003.jpg

roadrunner2012

Troll
wkmac,

You misunderstand my viewpoint, albeit at a great verbosity. If everyone on the right and left say you are wrong, that doesn't mean you are right.

If you were a pure Communist, I could understand that. Pure Marxist, likewise. Capitalist, sure, why not? Fascist? well that is a logical conclusion from some viewpoints, as hard as it is for the Fascist's to admit it. Libertarian? That's just not in the realm of reality with human beings as we know them.

That's where my disagreement lies.

As far as the Ukraine goes, it's not in our interests to intervene apart from financially. Russia has proven itself to be a detriment to 'Pacem in Terris'.

Finances are a more powerful weapon than bombs.

Overpaid Union Thug

Didn't Putin recently give a speech where he hinted at "taking back the Baltics." Things could get ugly over there soon. They view as as weak right now. Thanks Obama and the likes.

roadrunner2012

Troll
Didn't Putin recently give a speech where he hinted at "taking back the Baltics." Things could get ugly over there soon. They view as as weak right now. Thanks Obama and the likes.
Grammar notwithstanding, what would you have us do? Carpet bomb the naval bases?

MAKAVELI

That's certainly one view.
Just exactly what else is Obama supposed to do in Ukraine? Send troops in? That's a war no one wants. Russia is no Iraq. They will not just lay down for us. Ukraine also needs to take a stand or welcome Russia in. Putin knows this and is pushing them as far as he can into a conflict. Ukraine may have no choice but to fight for their freedom and country.

roadrunner2012

Troll
it costs $495 (UPS) to send a 15 lb. package to Moldova.................I feel like I have sanctions against me!!!
There are less expensive options, and I would assume you want UPS to be profitable? It's not like there is a highway to Moldova from the US.

roadrunner2012

Troll
My view is that you are likely incorrect. I think if sanctions worked as well as you think they would have ended years ago. Free trade would probably work better.
I've been proven to be correct on most everything I've posted, because I know how to read and research.

You are saying that the sanctions on Cuba should be lifted, unilaterally? Complete Free Trade, no tariffs? Do we really need more tobacco and sugar? I have no problem selling them the food and energy they need, and a buying nice condo on the beach would be okay, too. With the income of a doctor in Cuba being about $30/mo, I'm sure I could afford something nice even on my Teamster pension.

moreluck

golden ticket member
There are less expensive options, and I would assume you want UPS to be profitable? It's not like there is a highway to Moldova from the US.
Even the Post Office is over $100 !!!!! I called both. They both suck with the prices.

You don't send crap and then have the shipping rate be more than the crap you are sending.