A simple choice next weekend for all ups freight employees

futile process

Vote no on final offer and fire yourselves.

Vote yes on final offer and get back to work.

Ups is prepared. They took action first. They are ready to shut the doors. All this tough talk and false claims that they wouldn't do this have been proved wrong.

Anyone who posts vote no is either not employed at ups freight or is self destructive and not looking out for your best interests.

The choice is a simple one. Vote yes next weekend and hope the company doesn't lock the doors. A no vote is just the same as walking in this morning and quitting.

I was a yes vote before this action by the company. I am still a yes vote, hoping we still have a job in a week.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
They are no longer picking up freight. A freight company with no freight, is a closed freight company.

I just haven't heard anything official.

A lot of people might not realize, this is a slow part of the year for freight.

Could be UPS is expecting another no vote and is expecting a strike.

Closing the doors.... would be extreme.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Who's saying that ?
20181101_080653_zpsu9fvjlus.jpg

20181101_080653_zpsu9fvjlus.jpg

brown wiggler

Official statement on UPS Freight LTL website.(Will not allow me to post link)

Given PCM last night to state that we are emptying the system starting today. If Freight votes down the contract again next weekend, our contract extension expires. They say they are closing the doors...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Official statement on UPS Freight LTL website.(Will not allow me to post link)

Given PCM last night to state that we are emptying the system starting today. If Freight votes down the contract again next weekend, our contract extension expires. They say they are closing the doors...

I did find this.

"UPS takes its responsibility to its customers seriously. We will work to safeguard their relationships with their customers and to help them maintain their supply chains with as little disruption as possible.

Because UPS Freight has no guarantee against a work stoppage, we cannot afford to put our customers’ volume at risk. Therefore, the Freight business unit will work to empty its network of freight by Friday, November 9."

But, no mention of closing the doors.

To me.... it sounds like they are concerned about the possibility of a strike

and are preparing for a "just in case" scenario, so customers merchandise is not

stuck in the system.

Or, it's an attempt to intimidate members into accepting the contact.

Guess we will see.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I did find this.

"UPS takes its responsibility to its customers seriously. We will work to safeguard their relationships with their customers and to help them maintain their supply chains with as little disruption as possible.

Because UPS Freight has no guarantee against a work stoppage, we cannot afford to put our customers’ volume at risk. Therefore, the Freight business unit will work to empty its network of freight by Friday, November 9."

But, no mention of closing the doors.

To me.... it sounds like they are concerned about the possibility of a strike

and are preparing for a "just in case" scenario, so customers merchandise is not

stuck in the system.

Or, it's an attempt to intimidate members into accepting the contact.

Guess we will see.

-Bug-
What's your take on it being a "Union Hall Vote" this time, instead of an electronic/mail referendum?

~Bbbl~™

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

Ups is prepared. They took action first. They are ready to shut the doors. All this tough talk and false claims that they wouldn't do this have been proved wrong.

Anyone who posts vote no is either not employed at ups freight or is self destructive and not looking out for your best interests.

The choice is a simple one. Vote yes next weekend and hope the company doesn't lock the doors. A no vote is just the same as walking in this morning and quitting.

I was a yes vote before this action by the company. I am still a yes vote, hoping we still have a job in a week.
Next time, just shorten it up. A simple “I have no balls.” would have been fine.

cachmeifucan

Just look he is a new member. If you really cared so much how come you just signed up. If you want to cross the line a scab is what you are. If it's a bad contract vote no if you like it vote yes. But don't think they will ever think about closing doors for good. Business is booming. Stand up for what you believe in or fall for anything. Your Probably A supervisor who will be laid off.

futile process

Just look he is a new member. If you really cared so much how come you just signed up. If you want to cross the line a scab is what you are. If it's a bad contract vote no if you like it vote yes. But don't think they will ever think about closing doors for good. Business is booming. Stand up for what you believe in or fall for anything. Your Probably A supervisor who will be laid off.

Everyone on here is faceless and nameless, many are just trolls. I am voting yes. Vote whichever way you want. The contract is a fair offer, the things i didnt like were changed.

Jusy fyi, your medical benefits will be stopped Monday Nov 12th, if its a No vote Thats just a fact, UPS will layoff all employees, because there will be no work.

Last edited: