A simple choice next weekend for all ups freight employees

futile process

This is why there is no unity in this Union and it is weak, because if somebody disagrees with your point of view they get attacked and insulted.

It makes no nevermind, most of the guys in my terminal that voted no are going to vote Yes next weekend.

Name-calling insults isn't going to change that, good luck.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
This is why there is no unity in this Union and it is weak, because if somebody disagrees with your point of view they get attacked and insulted.

It makes no nevermind, most of the guys in my terminal that voted no are going to vote Yes next weekend.

Name-calling insults isn't going to change that, good luck.
Hope your not outta work, tampons cost a lot these days!

futile process

it goes to show the great weakness of the union...its strength depends on its members being responsible enough to prepare for the worst.

That's just it, things are not that bad at this company, IMO.

And when small packs contract was ratified we were left out to dry. The exact same thing happened 5 years ago the contract was rejected by 75% that time. Small pack past their contract and our second vote passed almost unanimously. We can't go It Alone not without small pack one our side.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
That's just it, things are not that bad at this company, IMO.
I don't know the particulars of the freight contract, but after spending 38 years in package, I've been through many contracts and I know how this company operates. If you think everything is peachy keen now, just wait till the company has it's way with your benefits and rights. Once it's gone, it's gone. Like putting toothpaste back in a tube. If you let them, they will take 'em all, believe me.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Just a few further thoughts;

Now, is going to be the time.... where the "rubber meets the road".

Are the UPS Freight members going to show up in droves at their Local Union

hall to vote.... Or, will they sit this 2nd vote out ?
That's rich...."where the rubber meets anus" is more like it???

As the Company and IBT once again joins hands to stack the deck against the members.

Dark days for this Union get even darker....SMH

~Bbbl~™

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
You haven't been thinking about your family very much because if you did you would be better prepared for a strike. You probably have never been to your union or cared about anyone else. What about the guys that vote no because they need a better contract to be a better provider. A union is a brotherhood we stand with each other. You sound like a weak part timer. Go work for a non union company. Answer this futile if it gets voted down and the doors stay open will you be a scab I think I already know the answer. We still remember the scabs here and that was 21 years ago.
great post

especially about remembering the scabs. we had a couple in the 97 strike. none of the old timers ever talked to them from then until now. the only people who spoke to them were new drivers that did not know they scabbed.

clipperman

Case and point. Internet trolls with no accountability for what they say and do.

Vote Yes, it's the only logical thing to do.
You anonymously come on an Internet forum and plead your case and then get mad because anonymous posters tell you something you don’t like? Did you not think you’d get some responses you didn’t like or are you new to the interwebs?

futile process

You anonymously come on an Internet forum and plead your case and then get mad because anonymous posters tell you something you don’t like? Did you not think you’d get some responses you didn’t like or are you new to the interwebs?

Insults are nothing new, when you can't make a logical argument for or against.

Vote, YES!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Hows that ?
By enacting a "Union Hall Vote", after an electronic/mail vote for both the strike authorization and the first "final offer".

You said it yourself, it's to reduce the voting percentages so there won't be 50% participation.

After all, the initial 50%+ vote was only around 64% no.

Couple that with UPS' perging of their lanes, scaring many drivers, and you have coercion in my opinion.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
By enacting a "Union Hall Vote", after an electronic/mail vote for both the strike authorization and the first "final offer".

You said it yourself, it's to reduce the voting percentages so there won't be 50% participation.

That's not what I said.

My speculation was what the result might be.

So, if the members are that serious.... they better show up.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
That's rich...."where the rubber meets anus" is more like it???

As the Company and IBT once again joins hands to stack the deck against the members.

Dark days for this Union get even darker....SMH

~Bbbl~™

After all, the initial 50%+ vote was only around 64% no.

Couple that with UPS' perging of their lanes, scaring many drivers, and you have coercion in my opinion.

Didn't take them long when they wanted a strike authorization?

Thank you for being you. I have learned a lot from your take on things. Why on earth would they make people vote in person now? It’s becoming a bad joke.

futile process

They did the same thing 5 years ago. How soon we forget. The 2013 contract was rejected by 75% on mail in ballots. The 2nd vote was in person, it passed overwhelming.

The 2018 first contract was rejected by 62% by electronic ballot, the final offer is in person again. Nothing new, no surprise.

I voted no on first offer, they changed the parts i voted no for, (182 punches is back to 156 and the pension 1800 hours is back to 1500). I am voting yes and going to work the next week, no one really wants a strike, its just a bunch of posturing.

For the mood at my terminal who overwhelming voted no on first offer, it will be an overwhelming yes on final offer.

Box Ox

Most of the guys in my terminal who voted no the first time are voting yes this time we talked about it yesterday no one wants to work stoppage.

The Union is weak because guys like you start shaking in your boots and cry uncle instead of supporting the most powerful card the Union has to play when it absolutely should be used.

If you're scared now, wait until the economy is bad during the next Contract negotiation and the Company isn't afraid of you because you and the girls at work were braiding each others' hair in 2018 instead of standing up for yourselves. You'll really wish you'd fought for your family in good economic times, when the Union still had some pull and you still had a chance. The Company won't care that you were nice to them in 2018 when they come back to take even more next time.

brownIEman

They did the same thing 5 years ago. How soon we forget. The 2013 contract was rejected by 75% on mail in ballots. The 2nd vote was in person, it passed overwhelming.

The 2018 first contract was rejected by 62% by electronic ballot, the final offer is in person again. Nothing new, no surprise.

I voted no on first offer, they changed the parts i voted no for, (182 punches is back to 156 and the pension 1800 hours is back to 1500). I am voting yes and going to work the next week, no one really wants a strike, its just a bunch of posturing.

For the mood at my terminal who overwhelming voted no on first offer, it will be an overwhelming yes on final offer.

Just out of curiosity, did the company clean out the system prior to the second vote 5 years ago? That sounds more like a company getting ready for a lock out than a strike.

Package did not clean out the system prior to the strike in 97, btw. Pickups were made right up until the strike started. That was a different situation though, in that case management thought the union would extend talks and would send the LBF for a vote. Neither happened.