A UPS Policy Book discussion with Integrity. Part 1 Introduction/Overview

Integrity

Binge Poster
I have decided to do an expositional discussion series on the UPS Policy Book.

Keep in mind that, according to my sources, the UPS Policy Book is currently being revised. I will be using the March 2001 Policy for this series.

The format I will be using is as follows:

After I personally read and study portions of the book I will post, in my own words, what it says and, in my opinion, what it means.

After I do this I will post what I hope will be a thought provoking, discussion generating question or 2.

I will begin with a brief overview of the March 2001 UPS Policy Book according to Integrity.

The UPS Policy Book is intended to be distributed to UPS management employees but the policies apply to all UPS employees. The Policy Book is not a contract and in no way affects the rights of UPS employees. The UPS Policy Book that I am using for this study is a 61 page document divided into 10 sections. One of the sections, the Our Policies section, is divided into 4 Policy Groups. The last section gives individuals the opportunity to send in policy change suggestions.

Have you ever read the March 2001 UPS Policy Book?

Sincerely,
I

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Will the new one still be "striving for ideals"? Propoganda.
Just make the #s look good and don't make the company look bad. They don't care how it's done as long as it doesn't make the evening news.

over9five

Staff member
Is there a PUBLIC link to the UPS Policy Book?

I assume not, as I looked at ups.com and couldn't find one.

If there is no PUBLIC link, Brown Cafe will not allow any in-depth copy and pastes from the Policy Book. As always, be careful what you post.

Thank you!

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
As of last week, Upsers.com had a link which led to File Not Found for me. Someone in management might have success.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Is there a PUBLIC link to the UPS Policy Book?

I assume not, as I looked at ups.com and couldn't find one.

If there is no PUBLIC link, Brown Cafe will not allow any in-depth copy and pastes from the Policy Book. As always, be careful what you post.

Thank you!

over9five,

I will be not copying and pasting anything, not 1 word, from the UPS Policy Book.

As I stated; I will start by reading and studying a small portion of my copy of the March 2001 UPS Policy Book.

I will then share what it says, in my own words, and what it means, in my opinion.

Thank you for your kind words.

Sincerely,
I

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Will the new one still be "striving for ideals"? Propaganda.
Just make the #s look good and don't make the company look bad. They don't care how it's done as long as it doesn't make the evening news.

LOL ... I never read that policy or heard it in any meetings

browniehound

I love how the policy book speaks of our people being the best and I hear the division manager say it all the time. While flattering, I don't understand how they can they state this when they don't even know us? How do the people that write the policy book know we are the best people when they never talk to the average UPS worker? I know many dispicable humans that have been employed at UPS for decades. Are they included in the "best people" group?

I've read the 4 policy groups and I'll read it again for entertainment purposes only. Thats all its good for because no employee under upper-management actually believes that stuff.

However, its on par with any other major corporation in America. I guess we only have ourselves to blame?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I love how the policy book speaks of our people being the best and I hear the division manager say it all the time. While flattering, I don't understand how they can they state this when they don't even know us? How do the people that write the policy book know we are the best people when they never talk to the average UPS worker? I know many dispicable humans that have been employed at UPS for decades. Are they included in the "best people" group?

Yes, they are the least-best.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
Nothing in the the policy book is written in certain terms. There's a little wiggle room in all of them. Each policy is a general guideline, not a absolute condition or stead fast rule.

For example: We insist on intergity...means we expect, not we fire, terminate, eliminate
We strive to be mindful...means we try, but its not guaranteed and even if it's achieved it's taken into consideration, not it is an absolute.

I suspect there will be much misinterpretation and much self serving interpretation in this thread.

There used to be a link to it on UPSers.

tieguy

Banned
I have decided to do an expositional discussion series on the UPS Policy Book.

If you dont get many takers will you have the discussion with yourself?

Keep in mind that, according to my sources, the UPS Policy Book is currently being revised. I will be using the March 2001 Policy for this series.

will this lead to a revised expositional discussion?

The format I will be using is as follows:

After I personally read and study portions of the book I will post, in my own words, what it says and, in my opinion, what it means.

Does it say anything about self serving employees who chase ambigous references as gospel.

After I do this I will post what I hope will be a thought provoking, discussion generating question or 2.

who's thoughts will be provoked?

I will begin with a brief overview of the March 2001 UPS Policy Book according to Integrity.

oh goody

The UPS Policy Book is intended to be distributed to UPS management employees but the policies apply to all UPS employees. The Policy Book is not a contract and in no way affects the rights of UPS employees. The UPS Policy Book that I am using for this study is a 61 page document divided into 10 sections. One of the sections, the Our Policies section, is divided into 4 Policy Groups. The last section gives individuals the opportunity to send in policy change suggestions.

Have you ever read the March 2001 UPS Policy Book?

Sincerely,
I

have you? will you be posting it here?

will there be anyone stupid enough to join in on this bizarre expositional discussion?

Raw

Raw Member
Integrity please continue with your discussion series concerning UPS policy book. I look forward to your opinions on the issue. Keep up the good work!!:peaceful:

Integrity

Binge Poster
have you? will you be posting it here?

will there be anyone stupid enough to join in on this bizarre expositional discussion?
tieguy,

Please forgive me. I missed these direct questions you had asked.

Yes, I have read it.

No, I will not be posting it here.

I do hope over time, that many will join in this discussion series.

Sincerely,
I