Part Timers, Heat, Hydration, and Bathroom Breaks

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Dehydration is no joke. In the winter they blast the heating and it all rises into the grid and cooks you. one time in February I went completely blind for over a minute and I thought I was gonna die. I notified my supervisor and he told me to “walk it off”
Should have listened to your mom
Had nothing to do with boxes Had everything to do with abusing yourself as a young man

542thruNthru

Should have listened to your mom
Had nothing to do with boxes Had everything to do with abusing yourself as a young man

LMFAO!!

BOOM!
UnfitTenseElephantseal-size_restricted.gif

takesteady

I feel this today. Last night had to work dumping pallet after pallet in the South Florida summer heat and humidity. Was on the second floor too which is significancy hotter than ground level. No joke it must have been over 100 degrees. I felt like a snowman melting. Why can’t we have AC again?

A few years ago a janitor died in our building from heat stroke. Just passed out on a belt and never woke up again, didn’t get discovered until the next shift. I remember him on nights like these

Last edited:

nkm

Optimistically pessimistic
The Local 676 contract DOES say that full-timers get one 10-minute unpaid break, but dude, if you gotta go you gotta go, ask the sup how many times he takes a piss during his shift and wait until he never gets back to you on that one. One of your PT sups should be out there handing out bottles of water every once in a while if your hub has them, and if not, it shouldn't matter how many water breaks you need, management literally recommends at least 2 bottles per hour.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I feel this today. Last night had to work dumping pallet after pallet in the South Florida summer heat and humidity. Was on the second floor too which is significancy hotter than ground level. No joke it must have been over 100 degrees. I felt like a snowman melting. Why can’t we have AC again?

A few years ago a janitor died in our building from heat stroke. Just passed out on a belt and never woke up again, didn’t get discovered until the next shift. I remember him on nights like these
Did you quit?