Ability to do eam work

turdbrown

Is a driver that transfers centers in the same building because they took a new route eligible to do eam work based in their seniority? Your seniority transfers to the new center & counts when you take a route, center seniority, vacation, voluntary OT during the week/Saturdays, & requested rto days. One steward is telling me no because eams are considered extra work. Says that a new eam sign up list would have to go up before you are eligible to do eam work. Why would one be able to have their seniority matter everywhere else including volunteer ot work but not eam work? Your thoughts please.

Overpaid Union Thug

Is a driver that transfers centers in the same building because they took a new route eligible to do eam work based in their seniority? Your seniority transfers to the new center & counts when you take a route, center seniority, vacation, voluntary OT during the week/Saturdays, & requested rto days. One steward is telling me no because eams are considered extra work. Says that a new eam sign up list would have to go up before you are eligible to do eam work. Why would one be able to have their seniority matter everywhere else including volunteer ot work but not eam work? Your thoughts please.
If that’s how y’all roll then he is likely correct. We don’t even have a separate “EAM list “. And, for some reason, EAMS are treated as extra work on a day by day basis even though we do have an extra work list. The latter of which is used solely for drivers that want to fill-in on preload.

My opinion has always been that EAMs Should be offered to bid routes that those stops are in first. Then offered to air drivers if the bid drivers turn it down or can’t make it on time. If air drivers can’t/or don’t exist then offered as “extra work” to everyone else. This process has been all over the place in my center for years now. I gave up trying to figure it out.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
It should all be extra work which is company seniority. However we just had a situation in our building where we completely changed the rules to adhere to a new steward getting there way. UPS changes the rules on a daily basis unfortunately. I would fight it. Good luck.

turdbrown

Yes. As a relief eam driver. I do eam work everyday. I was considering taking a rt in the other center but wanted to make sure that I will still be able to do eam work.

If that’s how y’all roll then he is likely correct. We don’t even have a separate “EAM list “. And, for some reason, EAMS are treated as extra work on a day by day basis even though we do have an extra work list. The latter of which is used solely for drivers that want to fill-in on preload.

My opinion has always been that EAMs Should be offered to bid routes that those stops are in first. Then offered to air drivers if the bid drivers turn it down or can’t make it on time. If air drivers can’t/or don’t exist then offered as “extra work” to everyone else. This process has been all over the place in my center for years now. I gave up trying to figure it out.
According to article 40 early a.m. work is first given to 22.3 drivers then after that given to rpcd drivers by seniority.
There is no way known at a time what route is going to get early AMS or what time there are get there

turdbrown

The BA really didn’t know. He said he would have to find out. Past practice in our old bld was we were not able to do eams if we took a rt in another center until a new eam bid list went up. The last time one went up was 8 years ago. My argument is why would we have to wait until the company decided to put up a new eam list when my seniority matters in every other way. Why wouldn’t the company have to put up a new list quarterly, semi annual, or annual to allow new drivers to the center to have an opportunity to get on the list instead of being denied work?

The BA really didn’t know. He said he would have to find out. Past practice in our old bld was we were not able to do eams if we took a rt in another center until a new eam bid list went up. The last time one went up was 8 years ago. My argument is why would we have to wait until the company decided to put up a new eam list when my seniority matters in every other way. Why wouldn’t the company have to put up a new list quarterly, semi annual, or annual to allow new drivers to the center to have an opportunity to get on the list instead of being denied work?
Ask @Turdferguson

Thebrownblob

According to article 40 early a.m. work is first given to 22.3 drivers then after that given to rpcd drivers by seniority.
There is no way known at a time what route is going to get early AMS or what time there are get there
22.3 to do it at our building if they were on vacation or call In There is a list of people that want to do it they call.

Overpaid Union Thug

I don’t recall it saying that but I have not read it in a very long time. I know it says “air exception drivers” can deliver them though. We don’t have 22.3 drivers here so they’re not applicable.

Our center actually has no difficulty determining which routes should get them. They simply assign them to a route that would normally be delivering NDAs in that area. If not then an air driver, if available, would deliver them along with any other NDAs that are in excess of what drivers can normally deliver on time Airbus starting early. We did that for years.

I don’t recall it saying that but I have not read it in a very long time. I know it says “air exception drivers” can deliver them though. We don’t have 22.3 drivers here so they’re not applicable.

Our center actually has no difficulty determining which routes should get them. They simply assign them to a route that would normally be delivering NDAs in that area. If not then an air driver, if available, would deliver them along with any other NDAs that are in excess of what drivers can normally deliver on time Airbus starting early. We did that for years.
Every place is so different