Able to use my personal blade for work?

Recon d15

One way to find out for sure......

If not, why not just place it in your pocket when you aren't using it?
I’ll call my safety rep and see if I could just bring a case then.

It’s kinda hard to take things out of my pocket with gloves on but I guess as my last resort I’ll have to do that. Hopefully I’ll be allowed to bring a casing

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
So guess I’m going to have to start brown nosing my sup to get on his good side. Lets see what brown can do for me lol
:censored2: that. They don't want you to use the better tool then let it take longer on their dime.

Well the air needs to depart at the same time no matter what. Ill still be working the same hours but I’ll have to work twice as hard to make sure we don’t have any left-in-buildings
Sounds more like their problem to figure out than yours.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
A manual labor job that prohibits knives is the most bass ackwards thing I've ever heard of. I use mine several times a day for something or another and that's not counting use at work yet.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
A manual labor job that prohibits knives is the most bass ackwards thing I've ever heard of. I use mine several times a day for something or another and that's not counting use at work yet.

If we had knives at work, perhaps the temptation to cut a supervisor would be too great...

Justaloader

If we had knives at work, perhaps the temptation to cut a supervisor would be too great...

With that idea in mind, you'd love our hub. We have a guard shack that we have to go through - metal detectors, show ID, etc. Yet, literally right beside the guard shack - is a paved road that customers drive up to get to the building so they can ship packages, etc. Right next to the entrance of the customer center is the big door that guys drive the package cars in and out of. So, if you were an employee who wanted to do something "bad" - there's literally nothing stopping you from driving your car up to the customer building, parking, hopping out, running in that big door, and doing whatever it is you were intending to do. Considering some of the folks I work with - it's a scary thought. The "security" fasad is comical.

BiggieBrown

I still have to carry a blade with me either way. It just takes longer to use the company issued blade

3eokpu.jpg

Package Stick

"Send it."
I work in the warehouse as the hazmat auditor, hazmat responder, international auditor, and air loader. About a year ago I bought myself a little knife with a sheath that I kept on my belt to help me with my work since all I’m doing all day is slicing open invoice pouches, cutting off waybills (majority of our shippers tape them onto the box with a few layers of tape), and cutting open boxes when it’s required. Ever since I bought that little knife it’s made it a lot easier to balance all my positions since I don’t have to waste time looking for where I put down the company issued box cutter and not having to worry about one of my coworkers taking my blade(which is a big issue at my facility). A few days ago my part time supervisor told me I wasn’t able to bring my little blade anymore because of safety issues (the example he gave was that I could trip and fall and somehow my knife would fall out of its secured sheath, land perfectly on its hilt, and impale me. Which sounds like a load of b.s.) I could easily make a list of unsafe findings and other rules being broken by him. I know for a fact that supervisor just doesn’t like me, but ever since I stopped being able to bring my small belt knife it’s made my job a lot harder since I’m only 1 of 4 air loaders, 1 of 3 international auditors, 1 of 2 hazmat responders, and the only hazmat auditor in my facility. Is there anything I can do about this or do I just have to accept it and learn to live with it?
They 100% do not care if you bring your knives in.

Our hazmat guys have tool bags filled with blades, small plastic wrap, tape dispensers, stuff to make the job go smoothly, etc. They just leave them in PSC locked up.

As for the company buying them this stuff, they get all the OT they can handle ;). If you don't get a lot of OT don't buy this stuff and take as long as possible.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Even if I need a blade to do my job?

The Company would be responsible to provide you with a razor knife in order for you to be able to do it. Guy at our building just gets a sup to run around and get him one everyday until they provide him an area that he can secure one onsite.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It’s not the blade itself that helps, it’s mainly the fact that I can keep it on my belt. I have a bad habit of forgetting where I put things down which is why I keep everything I need on my belt. A box cutter I could clip onto my belt would work too.

FA9A733F-06E3-47E9-85D6-02FFAEC3DAA2.jpeg

here ya go $10 at Home Depot