Abortion

vantexan

Which God?

I'll give your argument it's due, but a lot of us have been railing against the Christian overlay for a long time.

Sex-ed is a health-care issue, not a 'sky-god' issue.
If you take away a moral compass, push sex as recreation, don't be surprised that a lot of women end up pregnant. Killing the baby to cover an indiscretion or prevent impediments to their personal plans is hitting rock bottom morally, whether you believe in God or not.

BrownArmy

If you take away a moral compass, push sex as recreation, don't be surprised that a lot of women end up pregnant. Killing the baby to cover an indiscretion or prevent impediments to their personal plans is hitting rock bottom morally, whether you believe in God or not.

Literally no one is shopping that nonsense.

Get back to me about the states that curtail contraception and sex-ed.

Wow - they have the highest rates of teenage pregnancies.

RECAP: States that teach sex-ed and have good health-care systems in place HAVE LOWER INCIDENCES OF TEEN PREGNANCIES.

Hit me back.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
JollyImaginaryGentoopenguin-max-1mb.gif

It will be fine

If people believed that abortion was murder you'd see a much smaller percentage seeking unsafe procedures.
Many people don't believe it's murder, that's your religious belief. The state shouldn't try to enforce your religious belief. If you want to lower abortion rates you should advocate for the solutions that have been proven to work as in greater access and education to birth control.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
My daughter uses a Planned Parenthood in Denver for her birth control refills, annual female tests, etc. She is not there for abortion services.
The doctors there actually caught and stopped a type of birth control pill that she shouldn't take for other medical reasons.

moreluck

golden ticket member
My daughter uses a Planned Parenthood in Denver for her birth control refills, annual female tests, etc. She is not there for abortion services.
The doctors there actually caught and stopped a type of birth control pill that she shouldn't take for other medical reasons.
She can't get a mammogram there !! That's a necessary annual female test. Condoms are free at the clinics. Planned Parenthood acts like the "middle man"........eliminate the middleman.

wayfair

swollen member
Otherwise, as far as I'm concerned, you should probably STFU.

No one 'wants' an abortion.

All you abortion haters spent so much time electing losers that got rid of sex-education in schools and banning contraception.

Let's see, if we restrict access to contraception, and we kill sex-ed, what results?

Wow, unwanted pregnancies.

All you holier-than-thou hypocrites need to go see your Priest/Pastor.

Idiots, you've created the thing you rail against.

Where has contraception been banned???

abortion SHOULD NOT be used as birth control

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
So they don't want clinics to be forced to inform patients about their other options.... hmmm.

The anti choice crowd might find that backfire on them if they win. There's a few laws on the books in other states mandating clinics inform patients about other optons when seeking an abortion.

Obviously we differ on pro-life issues. But is California infringing on the Pro-Life clinics first amendment rights guaranteed by the constitution; mandating what they are to say and also squashing their religious beliefs? If a women goes to a pro-life center she is looking for choices that benefit her baby and herself or has some doubt about abortion. Why should these well intentioned people be forced to give her the abortion option?
Also I take exception to your "anti choice" reference. It dehumanizes what we all should know happens after conception; a human life

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Obviously we differ on pro-life issues.
Ok. I'm taking about the court case though, specifically the chance that this will backfire and put at risk the laws the religious right has passed to make it harder to get an abortion.
But is California infringing on the Pro-Life clinics first amendment rights guaranteed by the constitution; mandating what they are to say and also squashing their religious beliefs?
Good question. The courts will decide. It could backfire on the religious right.
If a women goes to a pro-life center she is looking for choices that benefit her baby and herself or has some doubt about abortion. Why should these well intentioned people be forced to give her the abortion option?

If a woman goes to an abortion clinic for an abortion, why should these well intentioned people be forced to give her adoption information, make her watch an ultrasound, and wait days before having the procedure? Goes both ways.
Also I take exception to your "anti choice" reference. It dehumanizes what we all should know happens after conception; a human life
I respect you religious opinion, and your right to not have an abortion. Just don't try to force that religious belief on others.

Last edited:

It will be fine

Where has contraception been banned???

abortion SHOULD NOT be used as birth control
It may not be banned but all the laws designed to shut down women's health clinics can make it harder and more expensive to access. Abstinence only education lowers the usage rates of contraception and increases the abortion rate.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
My answer was nice would I really thought appropriate was my middle finger !Take that from a Philly snowflake you AH !
Oh come on man. You "took offense" to my semantics because it "dehumanizes" blah blah blah. Then you were "astonished" I found that to be funny.

This is an internet discussion about abortion lol. Snowflakes will melt from the heat in here. Get out while you can.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Age: Two-third of invasive breast cancers are found in women 55 or older.
  • Race and ethnicity: Caucasian women are more likely to be diagnosed with breast cancer, but African-American women are more likely to die from this disease. African-American women are also more likely to be diagnosed at a younger age (under 45).
Cancer in 15- to 29-Year-Olds by Primary Site