AC

old levi's

blank space
Of course a traditional AC system will not work; you're not going to keep that entire rolling hot box cool.
You need a unique cooling system designed for the drivers of these vehicles. Something along the lines of a unit mounted above the driver that would provide a substantial downward stream of cooled air to wash over the driver starting at his head, perhaps with a intermittent misting feature.

The money will never allocated, because if you fallout the company will just place another driver in the seat.

Indecisi0n

In all honestly AC would be useless for package car drivers.

Give it to the guys who really need it , us feeders. I almost broke a sweat cranking up the landing gear last night.

over9five

Staff member

Give it to the guys who really need it , us feeders. I almost broke a sweat cranking up the landing gear last night.
Exactly. The AC is awesome in the cab. What we really need is to be able to remotely raise and lower the gear FROM the cab...

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
I'm not a seasoned driver but from when I did drive it's was always insanely hot in the cargo. I know the trucks are constantly being turned off and on but even just a vent a cool air when the truck is on would be helpful.

I don't think it has to be 68 degrees in there but just a vent would keep the temp back there from reaching 115ish degrees I'm guessing.

Plus when a driver feels overheated and there isn't any ac in sight it could be a literal life saver for a driver to take 5 minutes and stand in front of the cool air

rocket man

Ac would be great on cargo area . up front not good . turn on ac 125 times a day its gonna break more than it works.some kinda system in back. Would be great .even of they hook up a flat celing fan that blows down .that would work..

Last edited:

Indecisi0n

I'm not a seasoned driver but from when I did drive it's was always insanely hot in the cargo. I know the trucks are constantly being turned off and on but even just a vent a cool air when the truck is on would be helpful.

I don't think it has to be 68 degrees in there but just a vent would keep the temp back there from reaching 115ish degrees I'm guessing.

Plus when a driver feels overheated and there isn't any ac in sight it could be a literal life saver for a driver to take 5 minutes and stand in front of the cool air
I have always said this. There should be multiple vents from the from to take air in and in the rear to push the hot air out.

brostalss

I feel your pain. Had a 350 mile drive and the AC worked but not very well. I was mildly uncomfortable.

brostalss

I have always said this. There should be multiple vents from the from to take air in and in the rear to push the hot air out.
When I did package I'd always vent the back. I'd open the rear door and bulk head door and back up to my next stop. Cooled the back down at least 20°.