Accomplishments

UPSERNOJ

What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment in both your personal life and professional career?

For me, watching my children growing up to be decent, honest, caring individuals.

Career wise...I would say that I pride myself in the fact that I have always given 100 + % in all that I have done and will continue to do regardless of the direction this company has taken. (not a positive one).

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh well, 2 out of my 3 kids are decent & honest.....sigh.

I have 2 accomplishments that really rate right up there. One is my soon to be 43 yr. marriage to my best friend ever! The other is battling cancer and winning for the time being.

Both at times have been a struggle and a joy.

Career wise, I just worked at whatever interested me as UPS moved us around. I did real estate in Utah, answering service operator in Idaho Falls, Phones at a car dealership in Salt Lake, Ohio Bell long distance operator in Akron OH. right out of high school. Also did babysitting in my home in Salt Lake.....hardest of the jobs!

over9five

Staff member
Personal:
Don't think I've ever intentionally hurt or taken advantage of anyone.

Professional:
Leading grievance submitter 6 years running.

browned out

Over 9.5 Nice but you know what your center manager or higher ups at ups would consider their greatest professional accomplishment.

Don't let em do it; keep filing and keep your nose clean

bigbrownhen

I started out life as an adult at the age of 16, newly married with a baby on the way. We had some hard times for sure, but we weathered them together.

I have been happily married for 22yrs and have been blessed with 3 beautiful children. I must say my family is my greatest accomplishment. Not that I did it alone, it was a team effort.

Professionally, my greatest accomplishment is to just give 100% everyday. I do the best job I can, drive safe and take care of my customers the most effecient way possible. I am proud of the job I do.

All in all, not too shabby if I say so myself.

DS

Fenderbender
Once my dad blew a rod in my 1960 ford falcon(automatic) in low gear,I took the engine apart and fixed it.
After that I turned into a lush with a bad attitude,now I'm a lush with a better one:happy2:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Daily recovery from alcoholism.

Without that foundation in place for myself, I have nothing positive to contribute to the world and my life would be unmanageable.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment in both your personal life and professional career?

For me, watching my children growing up to be decent, honest, caring individuals.

Career wise...I would say that I pride myself in the fact that I have always given 100 + % in all that I have done and will continue to do regardless of the direction this company has taken. (not a positive one).

Thats very nice..very heartfelt....kids deserve more than this world could ever give.....

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Personal:

One of the best characteristics a person can have. It goes to the heart of being a good human being. I applaud you. If one can say that, they are at the top of my list.

I would say having two sons who have become fine young men, with degrees and good jobs, and no criminal histories. I was blessed because I was a very young Mom, and left to raise them on my own. And they turned out great, it was a fabulous time, no regrets, all fun and adventure. It was not hard, like some say being a single mother is, It was easy, they were phenomenal. I dont know what made them that way, but I thank God every night, I dont have phone calls to come get them out of jail, etc.
Other than that, Im still waiting to do something good with my life.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Personal:

One of the best characteristics a person can have. It goes to the heart of being a good human being. I applaud you. If one can say that, they are at the top of my list.

I would say having two sons who have become fine young men, with degrees and good jobs, and no criminal histories. I was blessed because I was a very young Mom, and left to raise them on my own. And they turned out great, it was a fabulous time, no regrets, all fun and adventure. It was not hard, like some say being a single mother is, It was easy, they were phenomenal. I dont know what made them that way, but I thank God every night, I dont have phone calls to come get them out of jail, etc.
Other than that, Im still waiting to do something good with my life.
how old are your sons.....very nice story, family is 1#...ALWAYS!

rod

Retired 22 years
Personal life: being married to my wonderful wife (who lets me have all the toys I want) for 39 years. Two wonderful kids -rest in peace son- and a very pretty and intelligent daughter who gave us three beautiful grand kids. Oh and the son-in-law is ok too.

I don't have what you would call a professional life anymore but I am proud to be a very active member of the Patriot Guard. I guess you could say one of my best accomplishments was being able to afford to retire at 53 thanks to the Teamsters and my financial advisor. As of June 27th I have been goofing off for 9 years-----I'm getting real good at it.:happy2:

satellitedriver

My first accomplishment was at the age of 17 to leave home and face the world on my own and survive.
Professionally,
the ability to learn any skill that needed to be preformed.
Accomplishment, by definition, is a something that has been done.
I view my life as trying to accomplish.
Above all else,
the love, support and friendship of my wife of 32yrs is the one accomplishment that I try and renew daily.

bigbrownhen

I have alot of respect for any single parent. I couldn't imagine how to manage raising kids alone with this job, it takes so much of our time.

Bless those who do or have done this.