Ace in the hole

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Because the majority of UPS people are company punks.

You probably bring them coffee and doughnuts too.

No.

It's being a company punk and afraid of your own shadow.

We go off the national language.

"Employees will not be required to take examinations during their working hours, unless paid by the Employer for all time spent. Employees shall be given reasonable notice of dates of examinations."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18nationalmaster.pdf

People making their own appointments.. printing out their own forms..

never voted on the contract.. never filed a grievance........

-Bug-
Yawn.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So lower seniority guys may never get a day they want or need? That wouldn't fly around here. We just tell them I need such and such day off if you have days available they have to give it to you. Christ even here people are still able to use the days they were paid off for in early Dec.before the end of the year and many did on Dec. 26th.
Yeah man I’ve got over 15 years in and I am not getting a Friday off with my single option days.

That’s why if it’s a day I really need off I just call in.

KoennenTiger

It sucks being low seniority around here. Mar-June and Sept-November its pretty easy to go request and get an option day. Any other time, good luck. We do get an hour sick pay accrued a week so I focus on saving my sick time for when I really need that random day off.

Same here

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Yeah, I’m not sure how we got to all that. I make a light hearted post bantering about getting a random day off and it got deeply, irrationally over analyzed.
Our cards are good for 2 years. It is free. It takes at most a couple hours out of your day. I really don’t think it’s a big deal if we plan to get it knocked out on our own. I am a 31 year old man. I don’t need my hand held. I don’t need my ass wiped for me.
But hey, if it’s a cross you want to die on, in the name of sweet baby OG Hoffa, I’m not here to stop you.

oldngray

nowhere special
Here they bring the doctor once a month for DOT's so you can get yours before the start time.
They used to have a doctor come to UPS a couple of times a year. Back then if you had a pulse and could see the eye chart you passed. Hardly anything to the physicals. The doc would stroll in late and take 30 to 45 minutes for the first couple of drivers then notice he was running out of time and rush everyone else through in 10 to 15 minutes. Nobody failed to pass.

They used to have a doctor come to UPS a couple of times a year. Back then if you had a pulse and could see the eye chart you passed. Hardly anything to the physicals. The doc would stroll in late and take 30 to 45 minutes for the first couple of drivers then notice he was running out of time and rush everyone else through in 10 to 15 minutes. Nobody failed to pass.
Same here.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
But hey, if it’s a cross you want to die on, in the name of sweet baby OG Hoffa, I’m not here to stop you.

You equate enforcing the contract language, too dying on the cross ?

Or, it will put a target on your back ?

That has to suck.... going to work everyday.... afraid of your employer.

It just amazes me what people let UPS get away with.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
This, We are responsible for our own and have to get it done on our own time.

Article 20 Section 1 of the Master Language spells it out.

Section 1. Required Examination

"Physical, mental or other examinations required by a government body or the Employer shall be promptly complied with by all employees; provided, however, the Employer shall not pay for any time spent in the case of applicants for jobs, but shall be responsible to other employees only for time spent at the place of examination or examinations where the time spent by the employee exceeds two (2) hours, and in that case only for those hours in excess of said two (2). Examinations are to be taken at the employee’s home area and are not to exceed one (1) in any one (1) year, unless the employee has suffered serious injury or illness within the year. Employees will not be required to take examinations during their working hours, unless paid by the Employer for all time spent. Employees shall be given reasonable notice of dates of examinations.

For those drivers subject to DOT regulations who possess a valid medical certificate from a designated DOT provider, the Employer shall pay for any additional physical, mental, or other examinations required by the Employer to confirm the validity of the medical certificate."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18nationalmaster.pdf

Some people are gullible enough to believe anything UPS tells them.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
You equate enforcing the contract language, too dying on the cross ?

Or, it will put a target on your back ?

That has to suck.... going to work everyday.... afraid of your employer.

It just amazes me what people let UPS get away with.
Ladies and gentleman. I present to you the worst psychiatrist of all time.
Stick to being a Union Guy, dude. Good lord

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt