Active thread - Zimmerman Not Guilty

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Don't worry. We will soon be talking Jordan Davis.

That one seems as open-shut case to reach a guilty verdict as Zimmerman's was to reach a not guilty verdict.

​Unless some evidence turns up otherwise.

The Boston Bomber is creating a diversion for now.

bbsam

Staff member
Yes. Different because there are witnesses who survived. But then again, the law only says you have to be afraid of death or serious bodily injury. As O'Mara pointed out in the Zimmerman trial, no real injury or threat even has to occur.

wkmac

If Obama was really serious about racial justice he'd make sure whites are as equally persecuted as blacks and hispanics by American drug laws.

over9five

Staff member
Why doesn't Obama talk about that poor white child, shot in the face while sitting in his stroller by a black???

Why doesn't Obama talk about that white waitress, murdered by blacks for her tip money???

Is it because they didn't look like him?

Upsmule

If Obama was really serious about racial justice he'd make sure whites are as equally persecuted as blacks and hispanics by American drug laws.

So you really believe our prisons are predominately populated with black men unjustly? Wow.

bbsam

Staff member

well there's progress. Crack and cocaine are now viewed by the government as the same drug.

bbsam

Staff member
Why doesn't Obama talk about that poor white child, shot in the face while sitting in his stroller by a black???

Why doesn't Obama talk about that white waitress, murdered by blacks for her tip money???

Is it because they didn't look like him?
probably by cause they are already hunted down and prosecuted immediately. No 44 day interim.

over9five

Staff member
probably by cause they are already hunted down and prosecuted immediately. No 44 day interim.
Is that also the reason there is NO media coverage about these murders? You would think there'd be a similar outrage about a baby being murdered, shot point blank in the face while in his stroller.
What do you suppose the difference is between these stories and Trayvon's?

​Where the hell is the media??? Where is the outrage???

oldngray

nowhere special

Wouldn't the fact that Zimmerman was acquitted support the Sanford Police decision to not prosecute because there was no case? And even if they wanted to arrest Zimmerman they couldn't do it until they had enough evidence to charge him because of how Florida law is written The police chief followed the law and got fired for it.

bbsam

Staff member
Is that also the reason there is NO media coverage about these murders? You would think there'd be a similar outrage about a baby being murdered, shot point blank in the face while in his stroller.

Are you kidding me? Not every murder is national news.

bbsam

Staff member
Wouldn't the fact that Zimmerman was acquitted support the Sanford Police decision to not prosecute because there was no case? And even if they wanted to arrest Zimmerman they couldn't do it until they had enough evidence to charge him because of how Florida law is written The police chief followed the law and got fired for it.

No. It would support those who have serious reservations about the Florida law and if the Martin case didn't make that clear, the Davis case better.

bbsam

Staff member

Of course in this case you are just being disingenuous. Typing "baby shot" in a search engine brings up all kinds of national media stories on the case.

over9five

Staff member
Are you kidding me? Not every murder is national news.
I think it wasn't national news because it wasn't unusual.
In Trayvons case, a hispanic/white killed a black teenager. That's news.
But in the baby in his stroller killing and the waitress killing, it was just another black guy shooting somebody. No news there.

Mr Obama must know there's a reason white people clutch their purses and lock their doors when a black guy walks by. Nobody's saying all blacks are criminals, but there is certainly a higher percent chance you'll be mugged by a black guy than a white. It's called being cautious.
And I know people will blame this on a higher percentage of blacks live in poverty, are poor, descended from slaves, whatever. I just don't buy that crap. You shoot a baby in the face or shotgun a waitress for tip money, you got more problems than being poor.
I remember some black comedian saying something like "Even black people would rather run into a white guy in a dark alley at night". Was he being serious? Was he catering to a white audience? I don't know.

island1fox

You mean forged one?

ups,

I believe the Birth certificate is real and not forged --and sorry birthers --Obama was born in Hawaii.

Shame on everyone who have missed it for so long--why Obama CANNOT--show his birth certificate???It would absolutely prove he is NOT the first Black President.

After his "father" abandoned them ---White Mother --and White Grandparents --at the Hospital after birth --the Hospital gave the slightly darker skin baby to mom along with the birth certificate that proves he was born as WHITE child.

Argue if you will --but being White does not fit into the equasion today !!:wink2: