Adding Live-in Girlfriend to Health Care coverage

FAVREFAN

I'm pretty sure you can if you guys were to get a civil union. Not all states have that yet though. But that's almost the same as being married anyways, so what's the point. I'm in the same boat. My girlfriend and I have been together 6 1/2 years. Own a home together. No coverage for her. Is what it is. Nobody is getting married anymore. Check the stats. Don't be pressured just to get insurance. Have her get a part-time job at UPS for benefits!!!!!!!!! lol!
That is the most ridiculous question I have heard yet, everyone knows you cant add your girlfriend or boyfriend, get real!!!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Bubbles....I hope you enjoy your weekend. Dave.

As for the clueless like that is par for the course.

Thanks Nancy.
I plan to do just that.

Come forward before it's too late.
They might go easy on you if you get in front of the "oversight".
Insurance fraud is nothing to toy with.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Or she and her parents could do what Nancy and his son do and lie on the application forms.

Here are a few of the rules.
Before the health care law, insurance companies could remove enrolled children usually at age 19, sometimes older for full-time students. Now, most health plans that cover children must make coverage available to children up to age 26. By allowing children to stay on a parent's plan, the law makes it easier and more affordable for young adults to get health insurance coverage.
Your children can join or remain on your plan even if they are:
  • married
  • not living with you
  • attending school
  • not financially dependent on you
  • eligible to enroll in their employer’s plan

Comprehend?

UPSGUY72

Before the health care law, insurance companies could remove enrolled children usually at age 19, sometimes older for full-time students. Now, most health plans that cover children must make coverage available to children up to age 26. By allowing children to stay on a parent's plan, the law makes it easier and more affordable for young adults to get health insurance coverage.
  • married
  • not living with you
  • attending school
Comprehend?

Only if you want them on your plan it's your choice not there's. I don't pay anything for my health insurance so it isn't a big deal. Some people pay and arm and a leg and might say they can't afford it anymore.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
  • married
  • not living with you
  • attending school

Comprehend?

I comprehend that the student under the age of 26 isn't eligible if their employer has a health plan available like Dave's son does at Papa Johns.
He said himself that the forms require them both to declare that there no other health plan available to him from his employer.
Previously his claim was that "to his knowledge" there was no plan.
We now know better and he needs to protect himself.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I comprehend that the student under the age of 26 isn't eligible if their employer has a health plan available like Dave's son does at Papa Johns.
He said himself that the forms require them both to declare that there no other health plan available to him from his employer.

Bubbles---I should start calling you "twister" for the way that you twisted what I said. I said that to the best of my knowledge my son has never been offered health insurance nor has he ever been told he was eligible for health insurance coverage. I admit that I did not even know that Papa John's offered health insurance to their eliglble employees. My son must not be one of those eligible employees as he has never been offered coverage.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Your child can join or remain on your plan if they are: eligible to enroll in their employer's plan.