Administrators and non union workers are at risk.

BrownBytes

And we're STILL WAITING .... nothing in the mail and no info on job selection. Gonna be interesting when the work starts to roll out to the "reorganized" locations.

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
And we're STILL WAITING .... nothing in the mail and no info on job selection. Gonna be interesting when the work starts to roll out to the "reorganized" locations.

Brownbytes,

Do you work in one of the consolidated district offices or newly created district offices? Are you expecting to receive this letter? I heard letters were to be sent last week to those affected and impacted by this consolidation.
These are very stressful times for many. Best of luck to you.

UPSAOT

Still waiting here as well...and I'd like to point out that not all non-union employees are management! (someone made that post a while back)
Selection starts Monday-I guess that's when people will be notified. Hopefully they will have more than an hour to choose like happened the last time I was displaced.

UPSAOT

I hate to see anyone lose their job, but how much management do we have and how much do we need?
Does anyone know the breakdown of union (good) and non-union (EVIL) workers ups employs?
There's an awful lot of chiefs at ups...
.......what I was referring to above..we have Accounting clerks, payroll clerks, just plain old AOTs....all non-union, and not management. The breakdown we heard was 1100 management positions, 700 non management were going.

UPSmechanicinblue

From what I herd at my center today is that most jobs they are eliminating are the ones that work in the district offices that are being closed. They are going from 46 to 20 offices. Herd each office employees around 70 people so closing 26 offices would be 1,8020?? Anyone here this?

Boomer

Right or wrong the statement only the strong survive is more evident now than ever before, technology is weeding out the weak per se, as technology advances there will be less union jobs along with less management. Just my opinion.
never seen a truck get loaded or driven or repaired by it self

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
.......what I was referring to above..we have Accounting clerks, payroll clerks, just plain old AOTs....all non-union, and not management. The breakdown we heard was 1100 management positions, 700 non management were going.

AOT,
are you in a district office that is being consolidated? The AOT's in my district have not received their letters either. However, our district will be the location of the new district office.
My understanding is that there are 2 groups who should receive letters - affected and impacted. I would be very surprised if they begin selection process prior to notifying those affected by mail. As I recall, there are legal documents that need to be signed, etc. Unless these letters will be given out personally by HR rep at the time of selection.
That stinks to not give people fair warning, especially where serious decisions need to be made - take severance package or go through selection process.

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
I hate to see anyone lose their job, but how much management do we have and how much do we need?
Does anyone know the breakdown of union (good) and non-union (EVIL) workers ups employs?
There's an awful lot of chiefs at ups...

One time I had a stupervisor complain about my "exorbinate salary". I replied "At least I provide a service! You get paid more than I do to watch me work!".

There are many non-union, non-management employees. They are called AOT's (administrative office technicians). They work behind the scenes in payroll (payroll liaison), finance, accounting, HR, health and safety,etc. They do the work that is necessary to keep a large corporation running. How do you think you get paid? How do you think UPS pays the bills to keep your package cars running (fuel and oil)? Who pays the bills for your uniforms and other necessary driver supplies?
And unfortunately, in every consolidation, these are the people who have taken the brunt of the downsizing.

UPSAOT

AOT,
are you in a district office that is being consolidated? The AOT's in my district have not received their letters either. However, our district will be the location of the new district office.
My understanding is that there are 2 groups who should receive letters - affected and impacted. I would be very surprised if they begin selection process prior to notifying those affected by mail. As I recall, there are legal documents that need to be signed, etc. Unless these letters will be given out personally by HR rep at the time of selection.
That stinks to not give people fair warning, especially where serious decisions need to be made - take severance package or go through selection process.

I am not in a district office, however I have heard that many people besided those actually in the district office are being consolidated-(Accounting and Finance for one, which are located in 3 different places right now) The part that concerns me is that the PCM stated those affected or impacted would be able to choose from non-impacted jobs....such as mine. Those in my department are just waiting to find out if our jobs will be offered.

The last time this happened to me, there were no letters sent home. They made the announcement, told us the final date, and within a week there were 2 lists-one of employees in order of seniority, and one of jobs available to choose from. When it was your turn to go in, you had to make a choice then and there so they told everyone to have at least a first, second, and third choice of what they would want. That's when you would sign your papers if you were leaving.

Well, looks like they are just letting everyone sweat it out and wait til the last minute to find anything out. And it does stink. I've been worrying for almost a month now. (and my manager says he is still waiting to find out what is happening to HIM, has no clue about anyone else either)

rocket man

Hello my name is Shepherd, I'm not going to use my real name cause what I'm about to say may risk of me being terminated.
Ive been with UPS for a decade now as a Administrator.
As the years pass I notice UPS ascended to be a great company.
I have friends that works for UPS, that are in the union as loader and driver.
My question is why isn't their a Union for the Administrators?
Our Rights are being taken away by management, we cant let them dictate us anymore.
Administrators/nonunion workers are going to lose their job or going to be bump by the beginning of June, due to cut backs and the closing of centers.
I believe that UPS is only looking out for its well being company and is sacrificing its loyal workers.
Administrators/nonunion workers the time to strike is now if we don't fight back and unionize, were going to be unemployed.
are you the loyal worker that brings drivers in office and start there day with letters of warning ect. There are a lot of you loyal workers out there that are in jepordy Just think if you would have people live and let live we woulndt have so many problems. good luck .

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
I am not in a district office, however I have heard that many people besided those actually in the district office are being consolidated-(Accounting and Finance for one, which are located in 3 different places right now) The part that concerns me is that the PCM stated those affected or impacted would be able to choose from non-impacted jobs....such as mine. Those in my department are just waiting to find out if our jobs will be offered.

The last time this happened to me, there were no letters sent home. They made the announcement, told us the final date, and within a week there were 2 lists-one of employees in order of seniority, and one of jobs available to choose from. When it was your turn to go in, you had to make a choice then and there so they told everyone to have at least a first, second, and third choice of what they would want. That's when you would sign your papers if you were leaving.

Well, looks like they are just letting everyone sweat it out and wait til the last minute to find anything out. And it does stink. I've been worrying for almost a month now. (and my manager says he is still waiting to find out what is happening to HIM, has no clue about anyone else either)

Yeh it stinks. The PCM that was read to the AOT'S back in March, specifically said letters would be sent to those affected and impacted.
Good luck to you..

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
are you the loyal worker that brings drivers in office and start there day with letters of warning ect. There are a lot of you loyal workers out there that are in jepordy Just think if you would have people live and let live we woulndt have so many problems. good luck .

WHAT are you talking about? These people are not management and do not even work in the centers.

There are many non-union, non-management employees. They are called AOT's (administrative office technicians). They work behind the scenes in payroll (payroll liaison), finance, accounting, HR, health and safety,etc. They do the work that is necessary to keep a large corporation running. How do you think you get paid? How do you think UPS pays the bills to keep your package cars running (fuel and oil)? Who pays the bills for your uniforms and other necessary driver supplies?
And unfortunately, in every consolidation, these are the people who have taken the brunt of the downsizing.

UPSAOT

And STILL waiting. Rumor is now that it will be mid-May before any letters are sent or job selection starts. There was a whole group of people who were told they were safe back in March, who now were told their jobs are going. Maybe someone looked at the lists and decided they weren't getting rid of enough people. This is all second-hand info, but it is the only info I am getting. I am hoping since I don't get info from my management that it means I am not going to be affected...."no news is good news"? But I am still worried.

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
And STILL waiting. Rumor is now that it will be mid-May before any letters are sent or job selection starts. There was a whole group of people who were told they were safe back in March, who now were told their jobs are going. Maybe someone looked at the lists and decided they weren't getting rid of enough people. This is all second-hand info, but it is the only info I am getting. I am hoping since I don't get info from my management that it means I am not going to be affected...."no news is good news"? But I am still worried.

AOT,
in our building there are a couple of people left in accounting. It has been confirmed that at least 1 of them was notified his job is going to be eliminated. There is a list of available jobs, he would be able to select from - he would have to wait his turn on the seniority list.
Another rumor is that National Accounts AOT's now are affected. Is this the group you were referring to that were told they were ok in March?

UPSAOT

Another rumor is that National Accounts AOT's now are affected. Is this the group you were referring to that were told they were ok in March?

Yes-I think they were admins for Strategic Accounts. There was another rumor on another thread that people were having to choose the separation package or jobs before seeing available jobs-did this happen in the case you are talking about?

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
Yes-I think they were admins for Strategic Accounts. There was another rumor on another thread that people were having to choose the separation package or jobs before seeing available jobs-did this happen in the case you are talking about?

Confirmed - national accounts (probably now called strategic accounts) admins got letters. The rumor is they were shown a list of available jobs which only listed the location(bldg) - there was no information on what the job was, not even the hours. How can you select without knowing at least the hours???

UPSAOT

Update-letters were handed out 2 weeks ago in my area...luckily, my building not affected. All I have heard is about 111 AOTs got it, and like was stated before, they have to choose the package or hope for a job....if they don't take package first, and no jobs they want, they get nothing.

Just goes to remind me-everything happens for a reason. A couple years ago I tried to get a job in another department. A friend of mine got it. I was slightly upset ;) Now, that job is going and I am safe-for now.

My heart really goes out to all those affected-it's a tough job market out there right now.