advice ,, please

Ahmed

what is your prescription and you advice to become a driver i am a pt sorter please answer with all you know and your plan thanks god bless all off you guys

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
what is your prescription and you advice to become a driver i am a pt sorter please answer with all you know and your plan thanks god bless all off you guys

Find out where they post bid lists in your hub. When one is posted which you like what it says, you scribble your name and then wait for the call

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Good advice to become a driver !!
1 show up every day on time
2 stay away from the clowns
3 keep your mouth shut
4 do exactly as they tell you ( unless its unsafe to do so )
5 stay away from drinking and driving
6 Drugs ?? NO way
7 follow all methods
8 don't go out and tattoo your arms neck or legs
9 keep a clean cut look about your self
10 pull your pants up
appearance and customer perceived image means the world to this company, yes we go by seniority to move up, but they will DQ several senior guys, to get to the right one !!! Unwritten rule, but believe me they get to the ones they want !!
stay positive !!

Last edited:

ups1990

I would sign up to be a Xmas helper. Your driver will probably be given a board for you to record at least 20 stops. This will help you familiarize with the DIAD, although it'll more than likely be an older model. The biggest benefit here for you is the first hand knowledge of what it takes to be a UPS driver. Everywhere we go people always say, "I want to be a UPS driver"! But they have no idea mentally or physically what the job entails, as some centers have experienced with off the street hires quitting or getting fired shortly after being hired. You'll get the valuable experience of what is awaiting for you if you decide to take this mission.

Ahmed

I would sign up to be a Xmas helper. Your driver will probably be given a board for you to record at least 20 stops. This will help you familiarize with the DIAD, although it'll more than likely be an older model. The biggest benefit here for you is the first hand knowledge of what it takes to be a UPS driver. Everywhere we go people always say, "I want to be a UPS driver"! But they have no idea mentally or physically what the job entails, as some centers have experienced with off the street hires quitting or getting fired shortly after being hired. You'll get the valuable experience of what is awaiting for you if you decide to take this mission.
thank you my problem i made the drive test and the physical and i ok to go for cover driver put just for the peak season and after that u be on call i can give up my full time job to be on call .. i work so hard for my family a ft job at afternoon then pt at ups am and i really want to know how i can be a driver

thank you my problem i made the drive test and the physical and i ok to go for cover driver put just for the peak season and after that u be on call i can give up my full time job to be on call .. i work so hard for my family a ft job at afternoon then pt at ups am and i really want to know how i can be a driver
Thats a tough call.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
what is your advice from a pt handler AM to become a driver ... and put in your mind i cant give up my full time job for be on call
Chances are...if you go driving now. you will end up back on the preload come January....without your FT job that you quit to go driving for peak. If you have a family...I wouldn't do it now....but what do I know? I'm just a PTer lol

Ahmed

Saturday Air and Utility driving

Sent using Ink and Canvas
thank you .. that what i will do buz i cant give up my full time job for seasonal driver just for 3 month then be on call .. tell me please more and more .. they will send me to school next week ,, thank you