After my 2nd day of preloading I..really need tips.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I've done several jobs for UPS including driving. I've driven package cars, and I've driven rentals during peak. I'm currently OMS.
I hope you're joking. If not, that's a terrible attitude.

We all work toward the same goal. Getting packages delivered on time in a safe manner, while providing the best customer service possible.

With people like you, that common goal becomes disrupted, and causes issues for everyone involved.

For example, I was driving a rental budget truck a couple of years ago during peak. Rentals are a beast compared to package cars. You can't find :censored2: if your loader doesn't make an effort to try to keep everything in cohesive piles.
I got this :censored2: one day
View attachment 97928
Stacked top to bottom, front to back, side to side. And litterally thrown everywhere. I had 1000s with 7000s, RDR time commit bulk stops clear up in the front of the box burried under all this other :censored2:. I had to sort my truck every few stops to even attempt to get those RDRs out in time. And had to continue to sort my truck the rest of the day. I ended up needing two other drivers to help bail me out so I could make my commercial pickups before end of business.

Throwing :censored2: wherever and not caring wastes everyones time. If you can't do your job the way you're supposed to, then find a different job.

Sounds like you need to pick up the pace a bit

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I've done several jobs for UPS including driving. I've driven package cars, and I've driven rentals during peak. I'm currently OMS.
I hope you're joking. If not, that's a terrible attitude.

We all work toward the same goal. Getting packages delivered on time in a safe manner, while providing the best customer service possible.

With people like you, that common goal becomes disrupted, and causes issues for everyone involved.

For example, I was driving a rental budget truck a couple of years ago during peak. Rentals are a beast compared to package cars. You can't find :censored2: if your loader doesn't make an effort to try to keep everything in cohesive piles.
I got this :censored2: one day
View attachment 97928
Stacked top to bottom, front to back, side to side. And litterally thrown everywhere. I had 1000s with 7000s, RDR time commit bulk stops clear up in the front of the box burried under all this other :censored2:. I had to sort my truck every few stops to even attempt to get those RDRs out in time. And had to continue to sort my truck the rest of the day. I ended up needing two other drivers to help bail me out so I could make my commercial pickups before end of business.

Throwing :censored2: wherever and not caring wastes everyones time. If you can't do your job the way you're supposed to, then find a different job.
You said you were driving rentals a few peaks ago...why would you keep a years ago picture of a crappy load?

JLennea

You said you were driving rentals a few peaks ago...why would you keep a years ago picture of a crappy load?
I had posted it on a social media page.
When I relied to the pervious posters comment I remembered I had the picture. I had to crop out the photo of my face which was beside it to post here though.

h2pvnus

I really want to get better. I wasn't thinkin it would be that vigorous but damn do I feel it.

I feel confused though because different sups are telling me different things. One tells me to do it a certain way and another says "driver's are pompous :censored2:s, they get paid 50 :censored2:ing bucks an hour. Just toss the box on the right shelf."

I want to be the preloader driver's WANT. One driver is nice to me the other was a dickheadJudyuu. But oh well.

Just looking for advice I guess.
Just load as the pal said. Dont worry about sups or drivers harras you. I am driver too and i've been through those time. Im cool when how my truck load as long as no missload, stuff on the wrong shelf. If sups keep harras you tell them in the face "leave me alone and let me doing my job". If they write you up dont sign just put in the refused to sign.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Just load as the pal said. Dont worry about sups or drivers harras you. I am driver too and i've been through those time. Im cool when how my truck load as long as no missload, stuff on the wrong shelf. If sups keep harras you tell them in the face "leave me alone and let me doing my job". If they write you up dont sign just put in the refused to sign.
She's in her probationary period. I would advise against her saying anything like that until she passes her probationary period

Cementups

Box Monkey
A UPS driver with no OT.....does that even exist? Like OrionismyBFF said, in big centers (like mine) most folks are breaking 100K easy. I'm at 81K right now and I don't even get in as late as some of these other guys. I'd imagine those folks are at 90K right now. So crazy to hear of these other centers. UPS centers and hubs vary so much it's a trip.

"Hi, I'm Dave. I am a FT pkg car driver who works little to no OT."

I'm right there with Dave. I would have been real close this week but they got me good on Friday. Both the dispatcher and the loader. But mostly the loader.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
I'm right there with Dave. I would have been real close this week but they got me good on Friday. Both the dispatcher and the loader. But mostly the loader.

Interesting. What area of the country are you in? It's looking like its the less populated areas that get the decent hours and the metro areas that get the crazy OT hours.

watdaflock?

My biggest advice, which i wish my loaders would listen to......PLEASE lip load. Do not try and stack packages flat on the shelf. And do not put packages flat against the wall of the truck.

It should look like this when it's all said and done.
Your request is much easier when you only have around 140 pieces, like in your picture above.

W

What The Hawk?

Just got back from my 3rd day. And the driver (she's so nice) that lives down the road from me helped me out and told me I was doing really good. Makes me feel better.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Over time is nice but it sure gets old. I get 45-46 hours a week. That's plenty
52-55 hours a week here. For a short time from about April to June I do around 50 a week which I think is perfect. But most times I swear these fools are running that Oregon trail 'bare bones' plan and run the absolute lowest amount of cars and everyone gets in late.