AIM - Aiming Into Management

Oldfart

If I qualify to have pay reinstated when rehired, mgr says he'll look into it, and doesn't, then tells me I don't qualify, I will transfer on him for the financial hardship he caused me. If I spend $1300 to move, having mgr tell me, and another courier, that we'll start early and get off reasonably early, then get told we'll be midday rts working reload every night first day there, I'll transfer when I can. If I get told what a rt is, sign offer letter, and then find out it's a 4X10 cover, which wasn't in posting notes or offer letter, and told I'll have to stay another year before being eligible to apply again if I withdraw, I'll leave that situation as soon as possible. If I'm lied to about the actual location of an opening because courier of rt they desperately need to cover beat me out for their other location, and it's by far the worst rt I've ever seen, an absolutely insane rt, better believe I'm going to leave as soon as possible. Better believe that $25hr wouldn't have been enough for what they were demanding, and broke it up hiring a PTer to help after I transferred. But I handled it and quite a few other heavy rts, and all those mgrs you claimed hated me begged me to stay. I just won't work for people who screwed me over like that. Had no choice to stay with company, but their mgrs got what they deserved from the little tiny bit of power I had, the power to leave.

And you were just telling people they didn't know what they were talking about, and yet you claim to know me and my history. You can't admit the company did a lot of us wrong, and will attack and try to discredit anyone who criticizes it. So when it comes to tools, you are one of the company's biggest. You must be proud. Now cry me a river about how I'm this or that.

Sounds like EVERY interaction with EVERY manager was a nightmare and resulted in you getting done wrong. We all know there are bad managers but did you ever ask yourself the problem could be the guy in the mirror?

vantexan

Sounds like EVERY interaction with EVERY manager was a nightmare and resulted in you getting done wrong. We all know there are bad managers but did you ever ask yourself the problem could be the guy in the mirror?
How could it possibly be my fault when I'm being told things before transferring in? And again for the millionth time I held up my end and they always asked me to reconsider transferring. If they needed help on Saturday I volunteered. Work Christmas Day? Sure, why not. Can I help next guy over? No problem. You're the one always trying to twist things so if anyone has a problem it's not me. You seem to have some kind of hangup about accepting criticism of your favorite company. And you always want to make it about me when it literally was tens of thousands of couriers who got reamed by the company. Come on, be a better man, admit we got taken advantage of in the company's quest for profit. You know you want to. Jump in, don't be afraid, the water's fine. Here boy, here boy. OK to call you boy?

Oldfart

Tens of thousands? LOL

Every company must strive to make a profit or it cant survive. Ask Sears. K mart. Woolworth

vantexan

Tens of thousands? LOL

Every company must strive to make a profit or it cant survive. Ask Sears. K mart. Woolworth
Yeah genius, except FedEx was keeping their profits up while spending big money on Ground. We were expected to do without so they could pay for it. But not you, you got yours before we started getting reamed. Wake up and smell the brown on your nose.

Oldfart

Yeah genius, except FedEx was keeping their profits up while spending big money on Ground. We were expected to do without so they could pay for it. But not you, you got yours before we started getting reamed. Wake up and smell the brown on your nose.
Only thing I smell is the $ in my pocket while you smell the misery and bitterness that is your daily life.

vantexan

A bus? Lol. Couldnt afford real transportation. A bus?
Busses in Mexico are much more comfortable than airplanes. Plus have internet and movies onboard. Can stretch out too. Actually Greyhound has greatly improved. They removed a couple of rows on their busses for more legroom and they have internet plus charging station at each seat. If you aren't in a hurry it's much better than flying. No nickel and dime charges, no TSA.

dezguy

A bus? Lol. Couldnt afford real transportation. A bus?
So, now you're also going to look down on people who don't have it as good as you? Not everyone is as fortunate as you to be able to afford airfare.

Do you laugh at people you see riding public transport, as well?

Oldfart

So, now you're also going to look down on people who don't have it as good as you? Not everyone is as fortunate as you to be able to afford airfare.

Do you laugh at people you see riding public transport, as well?
He was the one bragging about being retired and making fun of me working. And he is making a 500 mile trip on a bus. Lol

dezguy

He was the one bragging about being retired and making fun of me working. And he is making a 500 mile trip on a bus. Lol
And? His retirement fund isn't as good as yours, so he's stretching his money where he can. I see nothing wrong with this.

People who are retired make fun of people who are working all the time. When my dad was around, he would constantly remind me he was retired and I still had years to go. Guess I should have made fun of him because he never made as much as I do.