AIM - Aiming Into Management

vantexan

No one cares who started what fight. Be better people for all our sakes.
If you noticed I posted a response to someone and he attacked me. Happens all the time. You and I have our philosophical differences on Current Events but I don't go after you personally, posting vicious remarks every time you post. I suspect you'd at some point would go to a moderator if I did. If he insists on continuing the attacks I will point out where he's wrong. Otherwise someone not used to the situation might truly think I'm an angry, bitter person. He belittles every aspect of my life, mostly because I refuse to let the company off the hook. Not backing down and if that's a problem don't read the posts. Put me on ignore if you like. No worries.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
So is Oldfart and Van like the 2pac and Biggie beef of Browncafe?
I actually want to think of them as a modern day Andy Kaufman and Jerry Lawler - all performed (flawlessly) for entertainment purposes.

In actuality they send each other fruitcakes and home-baked cookies at Christmas, and meet up and party in Aruba the last two weeks of every March.

vantexan

I actually want to think of them as a modern day Andy Kaufman and Jerry Lawler - all performed (flawlessly) for entertainment purposes.

In actuality they send each other fruitcakes and home-baked cookies at Christmas, and meet up and party in Aruba the last two weeks of every March.
Our song is "Kokomo" by the Beach Boys. :)

Oldfart

I am meeting Tex in KC. Am gonna pick him up at the bus terminal and we are going for some great KC. BBQ. Afterwards we are going to a private suite and watch the Royals game. Of course I have to get him dipped for fleas or any other parasites he might have picked up courtesy of Greyhound.

vantexan

Busses in Mexico are much more comfortable than airplanes. Plus have internet and movies onboard. Can stretch out too. Actually Greyhound has greatly improved. They removed a couple of rows on their busses for more legroom and they have internet plus charging station at each seat. If you aren't in a hurry it's much better than flying. No nickel and dime charges, no TSA.
About 2.5hrs left in my trip. Started Monday at 8:55 a.m. and will be a little late of scheduled 12:30 p.m. today. Just over 1500 miles with people coming and going with each segment. Worst was a little 4 year old boy sitting on grandma's lap next to me, non-stop movement and talking, including crawling over me, kicking me, and playing with my video screen. Best? Don't know if I should say! Last night sat next to a beautiful young black woman for 3 hours. She watched a video on phone then fell asleep, all the while had her knee pressed against mine. Hadn't felt that much voltage in 25 years! But alas had to change busses after 3 hrs. Epic!

vantexan

About 2.5hrs left in my trip. Started Monday at 8:55 a.m. and will be a little late of scheduled 12:30 p.m. today. Just over 1500 miles with people coming and going with each segment. Worst was a little 4 year old boy sitting on grandma's lap next to me, non-stop movement and talking, including crawling over me, kicking me, and playing with my video screen. Best? Don't know if I should say! Last night sat next to a beautiful young black woman for 3 hours. She watched a video on phone then fell asleep, all the while had her knee pressed against mine. Hadn't felt that much voltage in 25 years! But alas had to change busses after 3 hrs. Epic!
Oh yeah, finally got a nice bus with good internet from Greyhound on last bus change. And it was chartered by them from another company! Greyhound's onboard internet sucked to the point of being unusable. When you can get good internet in Mexico on a bus, but not in the States...just saying.

overflowed

Could she not just be a young woman Van, you nasty old coot. Hope you're having a good time anyhoo. Man enjoy what the hell you're doing and have fun. Be easy dude.

Maui

Starting pay would be about $65k in base market rising about 5% for each successive base level. So most would be between $65k-$75k roughly.

Not enough.

Maui

A topped out swing working 5 hours of overtime a week would make the same if not more. Without any of the stress

Yes. So if topped out swings average 50+ hours/week they likely make more than the Ops Managers with less than 17+ years as a manager. In some stations a topped out swing can make more than a new/er senior.

Some Ops Managers make over 100K, but only those in management for a very long time.

Most managers and seniors should probably be paid 15k-25k more than they are making.