Air driver called in sick

Ouch

Could you imagine, someone files a grievance for Dave working?? No timecard, but the air was sheeted before it left building with another name. And how did they pay Dave for the 45? Only way would be to add some type of "other work". His center would be turned upside down!!

And some wonder why we hate some of the things going on behind the brown curtain. Crap like this is what makes us hate some of the people we work with/for.

Amen Brother!!!!!!!!

Johney

No one has mentioned the fact that GPS will show it scanned in the building yet stop completed (as Dave says) 5 minutes away. That in itself is a problem. Dave says the customer was happy to get the part, how about the customer who shipped it? They are the one's who paid UPS for the package. What if THEY aren't happy Dave? People track crap all the time for this reason. EAM is BIG $$$ and if you can get a refund for failure of service you bet they will.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
I get to work 3 min before start time if that. I would never show up for work 50 min early. Maybe that is why I am happily married. (still)

kingOFchester

Welcome to The Brown Cafe!
this happens quite a often here. Someone such as yourself will post a question asking for help and pretty soon the Resident Forum Troll **coff** Upstate**coff** will make the thread about himself. He'll post something aboutwhwat he did or thinks( dosent matter if it's relevant to the OP or not) and then the same 5 or 6 posters will just fall all over themselves,practically wetting their pants in their excitement to challenge and insult him. The Resident Forum Troll is happy because the next 15 posts will be about him,as he then takes the stance that butter wouldn't melt in his mouth. <yawn> this forum LOVES the trolls

Point taken. It is hard not to respond when he is feeding bad information that could get someone fired. But you have a very valid point. Thanks

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our start time is 0940. EAM commit time is 0900 and are normally forecasted to the center prior to the plane hitting the tarmac so that they can be properly dispatched. I don't know if this one wasn't forecasted or if the air driver had already left with the other EAMs----all I know is I walked in and was immediately asked if I wanted to start early and run off an EAM, which had already been scanned and set up for a signature. I didn't even have time to change my jacket. Yes, I could have said no, citing the fact that the EAM would be late. At that point they either would have asked someone else or they would have dispatched the EAM with the regular driver, who would have been told to deliver it as soon as possible. This would have resulted in the EAM being delivered an hour (or more) late. As it was it was delivered 2 or 3 minutes late---it would have been less had it not been for that pesky red light and would have been on time if I had been allowed to take my own car. The consignee was happy as it was a part that they really needed. The center was doing all that it could to take care of the customer while ensuring that the EAM made service in a timely manner. Had the customer had an issue with the timeliness of the delivery I would have given them the phone number for the center. I was "working as directed" but I also had no problem with what the center did as I knew the intent was to take care of the customer as best as possible. I don't know or care how they coded the time----I do know that paying me for the 45 minutes was much less than what they would have paid in a refund.

Call it a double standard-----if you or I do this on our own we would be on the outside looking in----hide behind "working as directed"----does that justify falsifying records-----all I know is that the customer was taken care of and that is why all of us are here. Question my integrity all you want but if this were to happen again I would do the same thing as the customer was taken care of.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I do not have to justify myself to you or anyone else on this forum.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

No, but you desperately want to.

Our start time is 0940. EAM commit time is 0900 and are normally forecasted to the center prior to the plane hitting the tarmac so that they can be properly dispatched. I don't know if this one wasn't forecasted or if the air driver had already left with the other EAMs----all I know is I walked in and was immediately asked if I wanted to start early and run off an EAM, which had already been scanned and set up for a signature. I didn't even have time to change my jacket. Yes, I could have said no, citing the fact that the EAM would be late. At that point they either would have asked someone else or they would have dispatched the EAM with the regular driver, who would have been told to deliver it as soon as possible. This would have resulted in the EAM being delivered an hour (or more) late. As it was it was delivered 2 or 3 minutes late---it would have been less had it not been for that pesky red light and would have been on time if I had been allowed to take my own car. The consignee was happy as it was a part that they really needed. The center was doing all that it could to take care of the customer while ensuring that the EAM made service in a timely manner. Had the customer had an issue with the timeliness of the delivery I would have given them the phone number for the center. I was "working as directed" but I also had no problem with what the center did as I knew the intent was to take care of the customer as best as possible. I don't know or care how they coded the time----I do know that paying me for the 45 minutes was much less than what they would have paid in a refund.

Call it a double standard-----if you or I do this on our own we would be on the outside looking in----hide behind "working as directed"----does that justify falsifying records-----all I know is that the customer was taken care of and that is why all of us are here. Question my integrity all you want but if this were to happen again I would do the same thing as the customer was taken care of.

LOL!!!
Who are trying to convince, us or yourself?

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

Your problem Dave is that you don't even realize that you have no integrity and you prove it with your own posts.

I have no problem with you starting early and running off the EAM, I agree it should be delivered as soon as possible to take care of the customer. The problem here is,(Listen close here Dave), that the package was falsely recorded to show it was delivered on time. You can put that blame off on whomever you so desire but ultimately you delivered it therefore you are the one that falsely recorded it. The fact is UPS makes a guarantee that every package will be on time as payed for whether you understand it or not the customer that shipped the package is the one that the guarantee was made to and they are the ones that were cheated, BY YOU, out of the refund they should have gotten.

Talk all you want Dave, YOU cheated a customer.

Ouch

I really dont care how you ran it, what vehicle you drove, or if you really even did run it. Integrity is a big deal with ups and you sir have broken that rule. It doesnt matter if the receiver is crapping sunshine about getting the package. If the shipper calls in and wants a refund because of the time discrepancy lp will call you in to have your management buddies throw you under the bus. You are trying to convince yourself that what you did was right because of the receivers attitude about receiving it. How will you justify your feelings when the shipper claims you robbed them? Now is it still okay? The only convincing you will need to do is convincing us on how to help you get your job back when they fire you for falsifying records. Dont think you did the right thing by getting the package there, think about how you robbed the shipper of the money they paid to get the package their. Did you still do the right thing? Keep doing them favors and you will surely pay the price. Just curious, are you a member of the union?

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I really dont care how you ran it, what vehicle you drove, or if you really even did run it. Integrity is a big deal with ups and you sir have broken that rule. It doesnt matter if the receiver is crapping sunshine about getting the package. If the shipper calls in and wants a refund because of the time discrepancy lp will call you in to have your management buddies throw you under the bus. You are trying to convince yourself that what you did was right because of the receivers attitude about receiving it. How will you justify your feelings when the shipper claims you robbed them? Now is it still okay? The only convincing you will need to do is convincing us on how to help you get your job back when they fire you for falsifying records. Dont think you did the right thing by getting the package there, think about how you robbed the shipper of the money they paid to get the package their. Did you still do the right thing? Keep doing them favors and you will surely pay the price. Just curious, are you a member of the union?

NY isn't a right to work state, so he has no choice.

Indecisi0n

I walked in to work Wednesday morning and was immediately asked if I wanted to start early and run off an EAM. It had already been scanned and was in the DIAD set up for a signature. I didn't even have time to change my jacket. The stop was 5 minutes away and was actually delivered late but because it had been scanned before the commit it was shown as delivered on time. So much for the NDA DIAD training. It was the easiest 45 minutes I have ever worked.

I just re-read the OP a bit closer----seems the air driver who called in sick was the one who went to the airport. Not everyone can just go to the airport---you have to be "airport qualified" now, with a background check and clearance. I am guessing the 22.3 who was called in was "airport qualified".

​Wow. You of all people should know better.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Funny how Dave stops responding when he knows he is wrong!!

YAWN!!!

That is a sign of wisdom and intelligence.

It's even funnier when someone keeps digging their hole deeper and deeper.

​Unfortunately, the latter applies to me on more than one occasion.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't you before it's not that bad. It's cute.

Call me your little Pokey!

PokeyAvatar.jpg