Air drivers delivering ground

WTFm8

Also file if you’re a ground driver to be paid their hours. If nobody higher seniority files, and everybody qualified was on the road, you get the $$$.

WTFm8

Good luck with that. The company has to use all qualified Union members.

Recently discussed on one of the FB pages. You’re stealing hours working out of classification. Company should create/hire more in those positions. Company needs to maintain adequate staffing or be ‘penalized’ in form of grievance payment to give them an incentive.

5579DDAD-79C6-42DD-B77C-FBBBDFF00F78.jpeg

1218B093-85C4-49E6-9B23-D432001D67C9.jpeg

Recently discussed on one of the FB pages. You’re stealing hours working out of classification. Company should create/hire more in those positions. Company needs to maintain adequate staffing or be ‘penalized’ in form of grievance payment to give them an incentive.

View attachment 255308

View attachment 255307
Must be unique to your building as air drivers have been used to deliver or pick up ground for 20 years, after exhausting all other means.

It's supposed to be on an exception basis.... or like an act of God.
Which is how it started out. But once UPS local managers figured out how much more flexibility it gave their operations, it mushroomed. At least at my building. Maybe if FT delivery drivers would show up and do their jobs there would not be so much demand for PT air drivers.

lolbr

Our hub has a bad habit of running ground with air drivers, then only paying them ground rate for the time running ground. The air driver could put in a 13 hour day, and only make ground rate on 4 hours unless they file. (Central Region)

Methods Man

Our hub has a bad habit of running ground with air drivers, then only paying them ground rate for the time running ground. The air driver could put in a 13 hour day, and only make ground rate on 4 hours unless they file. (Central Region)

It’s a double edged sword because as soon as they file I bet management won’t let them run any ground and not get paid any bonus at all

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
My building has no problem paying air drivers top rate when delivering ground packages.

The only problem with that....

Is the company isn't paying full-time pension contributions.

View attachment 255308

View attachment 255307

@WTFm8 if this is the person I'm thinking of.... he is a BrownCafe member also.

(and cleans up on this)

A

Article 3

The only problem with that....

Is the company isn't paying full-time pension contributions.

@WTFm8 if this is the person I'm thinking of.... he is a BrownCafe member also.

(and cleans up on this)
They only got heard at the panel because he threatened both sides with labor board charges after they were tabled for two years.

That's the other problem.

A

Article 3

Your optimistic emoji doesn't change the facts @BigUnionGuy .

It's amazing how truth gets the smoke treatment on here.

Heard locally after being filed for two years, deadlocked to the panel, refered back twice, back to the panel and put on committee hold for another 18 months.

Filed charges, was in the process to amended them and finally got paid for about half of them.

So let's tell the truth. The system works for some but many give up or never file because of these games.