Air Ramp Employee moved?

EmpireUPS909

Trailer sweep is a cake walk
I had worked at UPS years ago in the Ontario, CA hub. Decided to reapply last month. There were tons of choices to choose from: Air Ramp, Hub and Waccha. I applied for the Air Ramp position. It said that the position paid 18 dollars an hour. Attended two weeks of training for the ramp, loading and unloading planes. After the training, i am sent to the Waccha building to move canisters around. Should I say something about the move? I'm willing to stick it out until I can transfer out. My second question is that i am only being paid 15.40 an hour as opposed to 18.00. I've talked to a steward there and they didn't know. Since I'm not officially a Union member yet (haven't passed probation), don't know who to ask. The Local for this hub is 63.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
I had worked at UPS years ago in the Ontario, CA hub. Decided to reapply last month. There were tons of choices to choose from: Air Ramp, Hub and Waccha. I applied for the Air Ramp position. It said that the position paid 18 dollars an hour. Attended two weeks of training for the ramp, loading and unloading planes. After the training, i am sent to the Waccha building to move canisters around. Should I say something about the move? I'm willing to stick it out until I can transfer out. My second question is that i am only being paid 15.40 an hour as opposed to 18.00. I've talked to a steward there and they didn't know. Since I'm not officially a Union member yet (haven't passed probation), don't know who to ask. The Local for this hub is 63.
If the union hall is close it may be worth taking a trip over introduce yourself and talk to your Business Agent, call first. Assuming that the local the you were a member of in Ontario is the same as Waccha then you were already a member in that local. You may have no initiation fees if you have a withdrawal card from when you left employment from you last job that the Teamsters’s Union represented you, even if it is a different local.

Regardless of what happens, at the hall, it’s probably not worth making waves at the hub until you have passed your probationary period. You should also keep in mind that even though you haven’t passed the probationary period you are still part of the bargaining unit and the company is required to adhere to the contract regarding your employment.

I’d bet the pay difference is due to an MRA (market rate adjustment) for your area. The company does an MRA when the current starting rate will not allow them to hire enough new workers. Be aware MRA’s are frequently temporary.

Best of luck

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Welcome to ups
This is standard operating procedure

EmpireUPS909

Trailer sweep is a cake walk
How long is probation? Will i officially become part of the Union when probation is over and initiation is paid? Does the Union send me something?

Made brown

Attachments

• 6625A56D-FE26-4A71-B4C7-B0828F3C62BB.jpeg
    6625A56D-FE26-4A71-B4C7-B0828F3C62BB.jpeg
    817.4 KB · Views: 96