ALERT! Non Freight Employees Receiving Freight Return Ballot Envelopes!

Inthegame

Bottom line is that mistakes like this should NEVER happen in an important vote such as this one. We only ask that once every 5 years that someone in charge of this matter gets the correct return envelope sent to us.

You have a 50/50 chance of getting it right even if your blindfolded and they still screw it up. Imagine these people trying to deliver packages to the correct address each day with 150-200 stops on their package car. These types of mistakes only opens the door for speculation, criticism, and even legal action if the vote is contested either way. Lawyers have a field day with these types of errors..

I maintain that I want the CORRECT RETURN ENVELOPE sent to me. No excuses thank you....

I don't disagree that this is a blunder, but the blunder is on the employees of the INDEPENDENT outside agency, not the Teamsters. To throw shots at the Teamsters is weak. Nearly every local uses mailing services for their local officer elections. Is it then the officers of the locals fault if the mail house messes up? Maybe then it's your fault for not running for office, winning and then performing flawlessly during your career. The IBT has acted responsibly by issuing the preceeding statement. Your vote will be counted according to the color coding of the ballots. You have a right to observe the entire process if you feel malfesance is imminent. Arrange to be in DC during the count. Of course you won't do that because of the expense, so instead you just sit back and throw rocks. Very productive.
The IBT has instructed locals to wait til after June 6th to request duplicate ballots. Contact your local on June 7th.

reydluap

No, I didn't---I just showed that it was an invalid one.

Yes you did miss my point. It's way too far over your head to understand! If the Teamsters can't get a simple thing as sending the correct ballot envelopes to it's members....then how can members believe in good faith that we can vote on a contract to give up our company insurance for their inferior plan?

BTW, Didn't you just post a short while back that you were done with BC?! So, What's up??

RealPerson

I don't disagree that this is a blunder, but the blunder is on the employees of the INDEPENDENT outside agency, not the Teamsters. To throw shots at the Teamsters is weak. Nearly every local uses mailing services for their local officer elections. Is it then the officers of the locals fault if the mail house messes up? Maybe then it's your fault for not running for office, winning and then performing flawlessly during your career. The IBT has acted responsibly by issuing the preceeding statement. Your vote will be counted according to the color coding of the ballots. You have a right to observe the entire process if you feel malfesance is imminent. Arrange to be in DC during the count. Of course you won't do that because of the expense, so instead you just sit back and throw rocks. Very productive.
The IBT has instructed locals to wait til after June 6th to request duplicate ballots. Contact your local on June 7th.

Glad there is SO many different answers....
You THINK there would be a BIG article on Teamsters.org website.....

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes you did miss my point. It's way too far over your head to understand! If the Teamsters can't get a simple thing as sending the correct ballot envelopes to it's members....then how can members believe in good faith that we can vote on a contract to give up our company insurance for their inferior plan?

BTW, Didn't you just post a short while back that you were done with BC?! So, What's up??

The only role the Teamsters play in this election is getting the information to be printed on the ballots and the mailing list of their members to the independent firm. The Teamsters have no control beyond that point. This was human error and as you can see by the notice posted by Stewie the issue has been resolved.

THE TEAMSTERS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ENVELOPE ERROR!!!!!!!

Don't you worry about whether I am on this forum or not.