Already injured two weeks in, what do I do?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
My body hurts every day. I still go to work.

My daughter had a friend who was a marine vet that served time in Afghanistan.. 6’4 “ 220 that did not last a month at UPS. Stated it was the worst time in his life, of course that was about 20 years ago. Less productivity requirements are required today, just need to breathe and show up on time and you will suffice...

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I wonder if those excuses worked for the 18 year olds that stormed the beaches of Normandy. “Sorry captain I stubbed my toe on the landing craft I need to rest up for six weeks.” My lord the pussification of people in just a few short generations.

Zurion

I wonder if those excuses worked for the 18 year olds that stormed the beaches of Normandy. “Sorry captain I stubbed my toe on the landing craft I need to rest up for six weeks.” My lord the pussification of people in just a few short generations.
The weak ones didn't go. Those who were up to it volunteered, even if they were underage. In our major wars with draftees, infantry has still been mostly volunteers, to include Vietnam, it's the rear echelon jobs that were staffed with majority draftees. Our country still makes strong young people, even today, they just don't stand out in a negative way.

watdaflock?

Thank you for revealing your hatred for the people who serve their country. If I have to explain that the saying about pain is a motivating figure of speech, then thank you for revealing that your college was a complete waste.

The Drill Sgt in question was probably 160 lbs soaking wet. He showed us pictures he took of the aftermath of the nerve agent Saddam used on the Khurds when he was deployed during the first war in Iraq. It wasn't pretty. Good thing we have a bunch of dumb grunts willing to risk their lives to put a stop to such monstrosities.

Tell me, is there anything else you clearly know nothing about that you'd like to weigh in on as though you were an expert? I just can't wait for more nuggets of inanity from you.
Grunts should ignore pain, since they are expendable. UPS employees should never ignore pain. Your "motivating figure of speech" was stupid, and you got called out for it. Don't be so butt-hurt.
My brother also served in Iraq, along with other places overseas. I trust someone in the medical field over a nonessential grunt. It was my brothers job to keep you expendables alive.
Yea, that area of country is much better now that Saddam was removed. amirite....? Let me guess, you disagree with Biden for pulling troops from the Afgan war?

Last edited:

watdaflock?

Drill sergeant is training men to get shot at and keep fighting as people you know are dropping and dying around you. This is a reasonable attitude to have about blisters or long term pain like arthritis to focus on the short term problem of being shot at.
Working part time at ups just isn’t an appropriate place for this attitude, no need to overlook you painful chronic conditions like arthritis or whatever other crybaby bull* is going on. Just go get it handled, there will still be boxes when you get back.
Exactly. Grunts are expendable. That was my point. Ignoring pain while a UPS employee is stupid. Hence, it was stupid for zub to mention it.

watdaflock?

No, it's about taking soft, doughy maggots and turning them into fighting machines. It applies to physical fitness on or off the battle field, and has more to do with mental fortitude than physical.
So you expect UPS employees to ignore pain for their entire careers? What you are saying, UPS employees should just stop being soft doughy maggots and quit expecting quality medical insurance?
Our union doesn't give physical fitness tests. I can think of many senior employees, in feeders especially, who can't even do 10 push ups.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So you expect UPS employees to ignore pain for their entire careers? What you are saying, UPS employees should just stop being soft doughy maggots and quit expecting quality medical insurance?
Our union doesn't give physical fitness tests. I can think of many senior employees, in feeders especially, who can't even do 10 push ups.

I expect college aged kids starting their first physical jobs not to self-diagnose with conditions mostly people 60 and over deal with just because a few aches and pains. I also expect someone who's done the job to realize that and not enable a random person on the internet in their hypochondria.

You overreacted to my post, said stupid stuff about things you don't understand, I called you out on it. Don't be so butthurt.

I don't think we should have gone into Afghanistan to begin with. But don't you worry, Biden's puppet masters are whipping up much bigger conflicts elsewhere. You'll have your never ending wars where lots of people, who are much braver than you, will be sent to die, so you can work your cushy job, with great benefits, and call them all expendable.

I was expecting more inanity from you, and boy, you overdelivered.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I expect college aged kids starting their first physical jobs not to self-diagnose with conditions mostly people 60 and over deal with just because a few aches and pains. I also expect someone who's done the job to realize that and not enable a random person on the internet in their hypochondria.

You overreacted to my post, said stupid stuff about things you don't understand, I called you out on it. Don't be so butthurt.

I don't think we should have gone into Afghanistan to begin with. But don't you worry, Biden's puppet masters are whipping up much bigger conflicts elsewhere. You'll have your never ending wars where lots of people, who are much braver than you, will be sent to die, so you can work your cushy job, with great benefits, and call them all expendable.

I was expecting more inanity from you, and boy, you overdelivered.
Good lord.