Amazon drop shipping to post offices in rural communities

Cheesypurpletees

I’ve been seeing this happen more and more in rural areas, Amazon drop shipping more and more freight to postal workers and in the process local ups facilities are losing volume and cutting routes. Meanwhile post office employees are overwhelmed swimming in Amazon packages.

542thruNthru

I’ve been seeing this happen more and more in rural areas, Amazon drop shipping more and more freight to postal workers and in the process local ups facilities are losing volume and cutting routes. Meanwhile post office employees are overwhelmed swimming in Amazon packages.
Amazon is preparing for us to strike. Post office probably said they need to divert volume now or tough luck in August.

DOK

Been seeing that for a few years here.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What's your position on the UPS SurePost program....do you believe it should be eliminated?

Cheesypurpletees

I've never seen an Amazon truck around here. If I order anything from Amazon it comes FedEx Ground.
Yeah same here, nearest Amazon delivery van I’ve seen is in a city 70 miles away. Lately there’s been an Amazon straight truck drop shipping amazon pallets to my local post offices. Hopefully it’s temporary, if not, well it’ll be good to diversify and maybe gain new accounts

rod

Retired 22 years
Yeah same here, nearest Amazon delivery van I’ve seen is in a city 70 miles away. Lately there’s been an Amazon straight truck drop shipping amazon pallets to my local post offices. Hopefully it’s temporary, if not, well it’ll be good to diversify and maybe gain new accounts
@542thruNthru thinks the whole world is as congested as California with people pooping on the streets, living in tent slums and driving in bumper to bumper traffic on 20 lane highways.