Amazon forced to re-run election to unionize in alabama.

It's correct to think that organizing Amazon would/will be a tremendous challenge -- even with an excellent plan involving many organizations and approaches, including a covert 'army' of salts. I'm all for it and won't rule it out as impossible. But the turnover alone is outrageous and gives Amazon another advantage. It's difficult to gain traction when the cast is always changing.
They don't have any skin in the game. Just go find another crappy job when I get tired of this one.

Whither

Scofflaw
They don't have any skin in the game. Just go find another crappy job when I get tired of this one.
Well, they've got plenty of skin in the game. The question is whether a serious organizing effort could spark enthusiasm and give Amazon employees a legit reason to stick around.

cachmeifucan

All the people in bessemer Alabama got to do is vote yes. That gets the ball rollin. Amazon better hope they vote yes because that union has no power like the new teamsters slate.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Like the Teamster election? Yeah I am sure that scared the hell out of Amazon.
If they weren’t scared of unionization then why did they pull so many shenanigans when it came to the vote … the company knew that it was a (small) possibility.

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
So does the same union get a second chance in Alabama, or is it the Teamsters turn to fire it up over there???

Karma...

So does the same union get a second chance in Alabama, or is it the Teamsters turn to fire it up over there???
great question....seeing as how the first union failed oz should step in and get the job done........positive results count....this will be a great test of the oz platform talk and demonstrate its credibility to the union.......I am sure that amazon is very very concerned as well they should be.....that oz group is the real deal.

satellitedriver

You realize ups spends a fortunes on PAC’s
Don’t you
So do the teamsters, with your union dues.
That was Carey's downfall.
$400,000.00 teamster PAC money to the demoncrats in the 1990's , and the demoncrat's party contributed $100,000.00 to his re-election campaign against Hoffa in 1997.
Tit for Tat.
I realize how the game is played.
Don't you?

satellitedriver

That is why all Republican run states are Right To Work for peanuts.
Peanuts?
What a crock of ignorant $*@t.
There must be a reason you wash cars.
Republicans do not run States.
Voters who live in the State make the decisions on who governs and thrive on the right to be able work where they choose.
Every RTW state employee that works at UPS is forced to work under the same contract controlled by the teamsters whether they belong to the union or not.

satellitedriver

I loved the "forced" to work under the contract negotiated by the union. Like any of them would work for UPS if the union didn't get them superior wages, benefits, seniority rights and pension. Lol
In non- RTW States you are forced to join the union for the right to work at UPS.
RTW States it gives the individual the right of choice.
Pretty damn simple.
Anyone not in the union does not take a penny away from anyone in the union.
Only drawback to the union is that it does not get to collect union dues from non union members.
They only people that get a paycheck paid by the union are the union officials making their money off of your dues.
Simple old protection racket.
If everyone had to prove themselves, negotiate their wage and benefits at UPS,
some would make less and some would make more, based on performance.
IMO.
People should profit from their ability and productivity.
Not by profiting by force of numbers.
Lol back atcha.