Amazon forced to re-run election to unionize in alabama.

542thruNthru

In non- RTW States you are forced to join the union for the right to work at UPS.
RTW States it gives the individual the right of choice.
Pretty damn simple.
Anyone not in the union does not take a penny away from anyone in the union.
Only drawback to the union is that it does not get to collect union dues from non union members.
They only people that get a paycheck paid by the union are the union officials making their money off of your dues.
Simple old protection racket.
If everyone had to prove themselves, negotiate their wage and benefits at UPS,
some would make less and some would make more, based on performance.
IMO.
People should profit from their ability and productivity.
Not by profiting by force of numbers.
Lol back atcha.
You didn't profit off your productivity and ability. You profited off the unions negotiated wages and benefits that you decided not to contribute to.

You can pretend all you want that you were paid for the way you worked and given benefits out of the kindness of UPS's heart because you worked so hard but we all know better.

Enjoy your retirement.

In non- RTW States you are forced to join the union for the right to work at UPS.
Pretty damn simple.
Only drawback to the union is that it does not get to collect union dues from non union members.
They only people that get a paycheck paid by the union are the union officials making their money off of your dues.
IMO.
Lol back atcha.
I work in a bonus Ctr where some drivers bonus 2 hours of OT everyday while other drivers are constantly an hour over standards. They all work hard it is just that some routes have worse time studies then others.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Pretty damn simple.
IMO.
Lol back atcha.
Are you ignorant or naive I can’t really tell which it is

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Forced?....it's a choice.
Take the job or don't.
Pretty damn simple.
Gives them the choice of riding the backs of others.
It's the Union who has no choice but to represent freeloading non-members.
When the Union is bound by law to represent those who pay, as well as those who don't, this statement is ludicrous.

RTW dilutes every penny contributed by dues paying members and is akin to allowing someone to swim and workout at a health club or YMCA without paying a membership fee.
Nope, it's called collective bargaining and has set the bar for wages and benefits for every industry they represent.
IMO.
They can, if they put their letter in for management?

The rest is supply and demand for what has become an ever shrinking blue collar employee pool.

Unions are poised to make a comeback in a big way.

SUPPORT THE PROACT!!!!

watdaflock?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I loved the "forced" to work under the contract negotiated by the union. Like any of them would work for UPS if the union didn't get them superior wages, benefits, seniority rights and pension. Lol
But, but, but….I work my ass off here and the sups know I go the extra mile with my phenomenal work ethic… no doubts that I would make as much or more than working under a union contract…….ummmm, no.

Trailer monkey

Peanuts?
What a crock of ignorant $*@t.
There must be a reason you wash cars.
Republicans do not run States.
Voters who live in the State make the decisions on who governs and thrive on the right to be able work where they choose.
Every RTW state employee that works at UPS is forced to work under the same contract controlled by the teamsters whether they belong to the union or not.
They are not forced to do anything, if they don't want to work under a union contract, FedEx and Amazon are hiring

Trailer monkey

Pretty damn simple.
IMO.
Lol back atcha.
What is this "forced" crap? No one forced me or anyone else I know of to work at UPS

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
dancing-dance-move.gif

Title clearly says ReRun....

On topic

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Didn't stop us from getting the Butch Lewis Act passed into law and suring up our failing pensions.

Now is the time.

The main reason for the Teamster's failing pension plans is their failure to obtain new participants through our restricted collective bargaining laws, the playing field has always favored the Corporations with the NLRB reduced to a toothless agency. The downfall in the Central really started with the discovery of the MOB influence during the Kennedy years (1960's), after that the Federal Government got moreninvolved with controlling the plan's investments, just how many years did they take to root out the corruption in the International and big locals? Does anybody believe that there is still a lot of dirty work being done on all levels in current leadership, even if there is none what have they done over the last 25 years to correct or fix past criminal activity?

The Democrats and Republicans dropped the ball decades ago when this problem started to show in our failing pension plans, no one wanted to make a decision. This bail out money is basically a pay forward bill, sooner or later the PGBC would have to pay out of their dwindling assets. They are hoping that these underfunded plans and others will be able to right themselves through more younger participants and smart investments before the money runs out in 2050.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
IMO.
Lol back atcha.
The only thing that sets wages is supply and demand. Production differences between two people in the same job is minimal.

satellitedriver

The only thing that sets wages is supply and demand. Production differences between two people in the same job is minimal.
BS,
As the novice lowest paid new helper in the factory, who had never held a cutting torch in his hand ,or knew how to read a production blue print., I was promoted to lead structural fitter of the small crane division making over double the hourly wage of the helpers that had worked there for over three years.
Those helpers had no drive to better themselves and just took the pay.
Before I took the job I knew I needed to learn new skills to earn a living as a newly married man.
While working 60hrs a week as a net maker, I took a night course at the community college to learn basic welding.
Checked out books from the library to learn blueprint reading.
When I interviewed with the plant manager I told him I would take the cut in pay and accept the job.
On one condition.
He had to promise me that he would keep his eye on me and reward me by my abilities.
He did.
I worked under a great mentor/fitter as a helper and he was sick and did not show up for work.
The foreman told me I would be working on the grinding tables(really sucky job) on a 12hr shift.
I looked at him and said give me a helper and I would build the crane to specs and under time.
He did.
I met my promise and the next day my wage doubled and I was the lead fitter in the small crane dept.
Pissed all the other helpers off that did the same job for three years, but had no intuitive to improve themselves.
Production differences between two people that do the same job is rewarded, in the real world, by the employer.
Never took a job away from anyone, just did it better and was rewarded.
If you are a minimalist, you will always get the minimal.
Supply and demand is basic economics 101.
Demand, then supply seems to be the teamster mindset.
Your value as an employee is what you can produce, not what you demand.
I could be incorrect, but my life experience tells me otherwise.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
BS,
As the novice lowest paid new helper in the factory, who had never held a cutting torch in his hand ,or knew how to read a production blue print., I was promoted to lead structural fitter of the small crane division making over double the hourly wage of the helpers that had worked there for over three years.
Those helpers had no drive to better themselves and just took the pay.
Before I took the job I knew I needed to learn new skills to earn a living as a newly married man.
While working 60hrs a week as a net maker, I took a night course at the community college to learn basic welding.
Checked out books from the library to learn blueprint reading.
When I interviewed with the plant manager I told him I would take the cut in pay and accept the job.
On one condition.
He had to promise me that he would keep his eye on me and reward me by my abilities.
He did.
I worked under a great mentor/fitter as a helper and he was sick and did not show up for work.
The foreman told me I would be working on the grinding tables(really sucky job) on a 12hr shift.
I looked at him and said give me a helper and I would build the crane to specs and under time.
He did.
I met my promise and the next day my wage doubled and I was the lead fitter in the small crane dept.
Pissed all the other helpers off that did the same job for three years, but had no intuitive to improve themselves.
Production differences between two people that do the same job is rewarded, in the real world, by the employer.
Never took a job away from anyone, just did it better and was rewarded.
If you are a minimalist, you will always get the minimal.
Supply and demand is basic economics 101.
Demand, then supply seems to be the teamster mindset.
Your value as an employee is what you can produce, not what you demand.
I could be incorrect, but my life experience tells me otherwise.
Are you familiar with the term "market rate adjustment" (MRA)?

satellitedriver

Are you familiar with the term "market rate adjustment" (MRA)?
Yep,
makes economic sense to me.
The percentages do not lie.
A very large number of new employees at UPS do not last more than three years.
Tat's, beards and piercings look cool on UPS drivers too.
Union approved.
A very professional look, not.
Many centers look like DHL drivers, and the Taliban made babies.

The teamsters make their money based on union dues.
Union dues are based on the hourly wage paid.
Are you familiar with the term "being played".