Amazon is going to put UPS and FedEx out of business

KoennenTiger

We were talking about package not mailed letters.
Ramble on dude.
They're losing money with all that infrastructure, vehicles, and employees? I thought that made them a viable competitor? Oh, that's right. They're maintaining unbudgeted staffing and assets (according to your wisdom) because they don't have to make a profit....

although they strive to everyday.

Great plan. Poor reasoning and dodgeball won't blue the fact that their work ethic is directly tied to the fact that they can run in the red every year and still have a job.

Over the years I've had several of my PU complaining about the costs of shipping. The owners of these businesses. I think they want to see if I can somehow get them a better rate. I give them their local sales person business card, which they have anyway, and say give them a call.

At some point they start to tell me how X or the junk mail delivery service offers such better rates. OK? And at some point they switch. It lasts a few weeks to a few months max and they are back. Especially if they go postal.

"They didn't show up over half the time!"

"If they did show up they were showing up as we were leaving!"

They all came back.

The company has gotten worse for sure but we are still number one in service. No business wants to be sending its customers emails that the product has shipped only to have it ship four days later.

One local business, an artisan cookie place that charges $2.50 PER COOKIE, told me when they switched back, you get here at the same time every single day. And when you are late we still know you'll get here before we close.

I mean heck most of my customers have my phone number. If something is going wrong they just call me. Try calling the junk mail delivery service.

Mack37

We were talking about package not mailed letters.
Ramble on dude.
They're losing money with all that infrastructure, vehicles, and employees? I thought that made them a viable competitor? Oh, that's right. They're maintaining unbudgeted staffing and assets (according to your wisdom) because they don't have to make a profit....

although they strive to everyday.

Great plan. Poor reasoning and dodgeball won't blur the fact that their work ethic is directly tied to the fact that they can run in the red every year and still have a job.

It does make them a viable competitor. Hard to make money when you have to deal with first class and deliver it to every American. Kind of like the :censored2: ton of last mile stuff that FedEx and UPS dump on the postal service because it isn’t profitable for them to deliver themselves.

It’s ok, though. Ups and FedEx make the big bucks serving corporations, Postal service doesn’t because they focus more on American citizens. Hopefully they don’t decide one day that maybe they should try and do both.

Mack37

Over the years I've had several of my PU complaining about the costs of shipping. The owners of these businesses. I think they want to see if I can somehow get them a better rate. I give them their local sales person business card, which they have anyway, and say give them a call.

At some point they start to tell me how X or the junk mail delivery service offers such better rates. OK? And at some point they switch. It lasts a few weeks to a few months max and they are back. Especially if they go postal.

"They didn't show up over half the time!"

"If they did show up they were showing up as we were leaving!"

They all came back.

The company has gotten worse for sure but we are still number one in service. No business wants to be sending its customers emails that the product has shipped only to have it ship four days later.

One local business, an artisan cookie place that charges $2.50 PER COOKIE, told me when they switched back, you get here at the same time every single day. And when you are late we still know you'll get here before we close.

I mean heck most of my customers have my phone number. If something is going wrong they just call me. Try calling the junk mail delivery service.

Yeah sure they do. Every UPS store I’ve ever seen has more tumble weeds than customers. I wouldn’t pay UPS prices even when I worked for them.

KoennenTiger

Yeah sure they do. Every UPS store I’ve ever seen has more tumble weeds than customers. I wouldn’t pay UPS prices even when I worked for them.

Unacceptable! To the dungeon with you. Seven years this way please.

I've shipped packages. Hey it sucks paying the actual cost it actually costs to ship the package not getting a sweet tax payer subsidized discount. But yeah why in the world is the postal service delivering packages? We got private companies for that. Have you never heard of DHL?!!

Plus you guys stealing all those sweet little Amazon bags you ship for below cost and then I get to pay the difference with my tax dollars. I don't think you understand how much taxes I pay on a $2000 weekly paycheck. Give me back my money mail slave!

A

Article 3

It does make them a viable competitor. Hard to make money when you have to deal with first class and deliver it to every American. Kind of like the :censored2: ton of last mile stuff that FedEx and UPS dump on the postal service because it isn’t profitable for them to deliver themselves.

It’s ok, though. Ups and FedEx make the big bucks serving corporations, Postal service doesn’t because they focus more on American citizens. Hopefully they don’t decide one day that maybe they should try and do both.
Hope they don't try it AGAIN you meant to say.
They tried it starting the second week of August if 1997. They failed miserably.
Their media ads goaded our service blah blah blah.

Even the new goofy looking eagle head logo they switched to didn't make the turtle system run faster.

By the way, ups doesn't focus on the vast American population? Over 45% of our deliveries are to homes of American citizens plus some green card folks and probably the Hamas refugees Oboner brought over here.

The postal service said they were losing money in every sector but package volume was up...

because we give it to them by the millions of pieces every day to screw teamsters (American citizens) out of work.

I watched the postal service pr game go down the toilet within a few years after our strike because even with all their massive infrastructure, vehicles, and employees they can't do what we do very well and their tracking system sucks if you haven't noticed thru your blue colored glasses.

Dream on dude. The turtles won't get faster and they already know they don't have to.

A

Article 3

I've shipped packages. Hey it sucks paying the actual cost it actually costs to ship the package not getting a sweet tax payer subsidized discount. But yeah why in the world is the postal service delivering packages? We got private companies for that. Have you never heard of DHL?!!

Plus you guys stealing all those sweet little Amazon bags you ship for below cost and then I get to pay the difference with my tax dollars. I don't think you understand how much taxes I pay on a $2000 weekly paycheck. Give me back my money mail slave!
DHL (day and a half late) is the German (Deutsch) post office.

They're a class act as well.

Mack37

I’m pretty sure the postal service/post Office dept. has been delivering packages in one form or another since 1792. I’d say that’s why they do it?

USPS still really doesn’t get much in the way of massive tax subsidies but if you think so then take comfort in knowing that you’re paying for my pension, generous TSP contribution, hundreds and hundreds of hours of sick/annual leave and my health benefits. Thanks again

Mack37

Hope they don't try it AGAIN you meant to say.
They tried it starting the second week of August if 1997. They failed miserably.
Their media ads goaded our service blah blah blah.

Even the new goofy looking eagle head logo they switched to didn't make the turtle system run faster.

By the way, ups doesn't focus on the vast American population? Over 45% of our deliveries are to homes of American citizens plus some green card folks and probably the Hamas refugees Oboner brought over here.

The postal service said they were losing money in every sector but package volume was up...

because we give it to them by the millions of pieces every day to screw teamsters (American citizens) out of work.

I watched the postal service pr game go down the toilet within a few years after our strike because even with all their massive infrastructure, vehicles, and employees they can't do what we do very well and their tracking system sucks if you haven't noticed thru your blue colored glasses.

Dream on dude. The turtles won't get faster and they already know they don't have to.

You’re delivering something somebody ordered off the internet to 45% of Americans homes. I would bet damn good money that most PEOPLE that are mailing a package are heading to the post office and passing a FedEx and a Ups store on the way there.

Bob11B

You’re delivering something somebody ordered off the internet to 45% of Americans homes. I would bet damn good money that most PEOPLE that are mailing a package are heading to the post office and passing a FedEx and a Ups store on the way there.
Why do you think that is ?

KoennenTiger

DHL (day and a half late) is the German (Deutsch) post office.

They're a class act as well.

I was in a roll up door getting a signature for a bulk stop today and the DHL guy walked up and threw a box into the door about 20 feet. And just left. Wtf? What happened to hand to surface my guy

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I was in a roll up door getting a signature for a bulk stop today and the DHL guy walked up and threw a box into the door about 20 feet. And just left. Wtf? What happened to hand to surface my guy
I haven’t seen a DHL truck in close to a decade.

PTPeanuts

I hope they do.
I personally loaded my own package on a truck during Monday's preload.
3 days later....it's still not delivered and no where to be found.
Amazing.

KoennenTiger

I hope they do.
I personally loaded my own package on a truck during Monday's preload.
3 days later....it's still not delivered and no where to be found.
Amazing.

Wait

Why didn't you just have your driver sheet it to you before you went home hub rat? Just show him your id and sign?

PTPeanuts

Wait

Why didn't you just have your driver sheet it to you before you went home hub rat? Just show him your id and sign?

Because I don't know the drivers they all seem like :censored2:s and I didn't want to do anything that would draw attention to myself like walking out of the facility with a package under my arm.
Funny how USPS and FedEx can deliver to my apartment no problems but the instant something is shipped with UPS it just disappears.
Tracking number originally indicated that it was scheduled to be delivered July 8th, now there is simply no date listed at all and status update is just gone. God only knows what happened to it.

Why would you even load.....your.....OWN....package....................................?

Maybe I wanted to experience the luxurious service of UPS for a change???

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Why would you even load.....your.....own....package....................................?
Because I don't know the drivers they all seem like :censored2:s and I didn't want to do anything that would draw attention to myself like walking out of the facility with a package under my arm.
Funny how USPS and FedEx can deliver to my apartment no problems but the instant something is shipped with UPS it just disappears.
Tracking number originally indicated that it was scheduled to be delivered July 8th, now there is simply no date listed at all and status update is just gone. God only knows what happened to it.

Maybe I wanted to experience the luxurious service of UPS for a change???
It's a di** move to not take the stop off of the driver. Think about it. Literally all you had to do was set the pkg aside with your stuff. Instead you decided to willingly give your already over worked union brother more work.
"Hey dude I grabbed my pkg off of your truck"
Problem solved.