Amazon is going to put UPS and FedEx out of business

KoennenTiger

It's a di** move to not take the stop off of the driver. Think about it. Literally all you had to do was set the pkg aside with your stuff. Instead you decided to willingly give your already over worked union brother more work.
"Hey dude I grabbed my pkg off of your truck"
Problem solved.

And every single day from this day forward that driver will know exactly which packages go to his house. Dude knows your house no .

Heck wtf is with this modern world? Just tell him in the morning bro. Heck get to know him why not he'll be bringing every single ups box you ever get to your house. Get to know him when he sees your driving by "hey ohh" out the side of the package car.

It isn't every day but really quite often I just see a customer driving by, they wave me over, and I just stop and hand them their packages right there. Heck by this time I even know what they are.

Heck I see the guys who own the businesses at another small business doing their biz, and when I grab that biz packages I just grab his packages as well. Hey "Mr name here" here's your boxes, and hey other guy, here's yours as well.

Weird dude that you wouldn't just tell your driver this is my box. If you're a new hub rat he may ID you, and you'll always sign, but yeah there's a guy in my route been here 20 years driving a tug every morning I see. If he wants his package early? I just go through my truck and sign it off to him.

Heck when I can't get edd I'll just give it to him and dr it later. I see the guy every single day. He isn't even my preloader he's a clerk. You don't think you can get your own package from the driver you load for? Wtf dude

Mack37

Because I don't know the drivers they all seem like :censored2:s and I didn't want to do anything that would draw attention to myself like walking out of the facility with a package under my arm.
Funny how USPS and FedEx can deliver to my apartment no problems but the instant something is shipped with UPS it just disappears.
Tracking number originally indicated that it was scheduled to be delivered July 8th, now there is simply no date listed at all and status update is just gone. God only knows what happened to it.

Maybe I wanted to experience the luxurious service of UPS for a change???

Careful, you’re screwing up the narrative here. Only the Postal Service loses stuff.

Pickles

If you payed for the full service whats the big deal?

If you went to a restaurant you worked at for dinner with your family should you have to go back in the kitchen and cook it yourself if there was no discount?

PTPeanuts

If you payed for the full service whats the big deal?

If you went to a restaurant you worked at for dinner with your family should you have to go back in the kitchen and cook it yourself if there was no discount?

This.
I like how all these guys are blaming a complete service failure on me (a paying customer) as though it's my responsibility to sift through all the packages at the hub and take home my own stuff. Just another example of the UPS attitude and why this company is going down the drain.

Uhh, no sweetie, you deliver whatever I put on your truck.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Unacceptable! To the dungeon with you. Seven years this way please.

I've shipped packages. Hey it sucks paying the actual cost it actually costs to ship the package not getting a sweet tax payer subsidized discount. But yeah why in the world is the postal service delivering packages? We got private companies for that. Have you never heard of DHL?!!

Plus you guys stealing all those sweet little Amazon bags you ship for below cost and then I get to pay the difference with my tax dollars. I don't think you understand how much taxes I pay on a $2000 weekly paycheck. Give me back my money mail slave!

You are one angry individual

Future

Victory Ride
4B075E52-9ED3-403C-BC62-10084B331150.gif
You are one angry individual

upschuck

me (a paying customer)
Since you emphasized this....You are not the paying customer, the retailer that you bought it from is the paying customer. You haven't paid ups a dime.

Besides that, IMO, it is totally up to you, if you want to pu at hub, or have it delivered.

I, personally, pick them up, less occasions for possible damage and loss. Put in the request to pu well before it gets to my hub, that way, it is waiting for me when I get there, and sometimes, the day before.

watdaflock?

Amazon will never pay another company for (IE-Orion) mapping software. They will do it themselves.

Curious how many top o' totem pole management happen to own stock in the company who sold Orion to UPS.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Postal service doesn’t because they focus more on American citizens.
WTF ever man, the post office subsidize their package delivery operations with their monopoly on mail delivery. If they could handle it the would be Amazon's B*seven days a week like they are on Sundays already

Mack37

WTF ever man, the post office subsidize their package delivery operations with their monopoly on mail delivery. If they could handle it the would be Amazon's B*seven days a week like they are on Sundays already

Huh? They already said they were wanting to re-examine or back out of the Amazon contract prior to Tump saying anything about it. They were delivering Amazon seven days a week and could handle it so I’m not sure what you’re talking about, Sunday deliveries still happens in certain cities.

Yes USPS charges less than they should but they have to because that’s part of the service they are supposed to be providing. A lot of you forget who and what usps is.

Anywho, lots of animosity on here towards the postal service. Kind of odd.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Huh? They already said they were wanting to re-examine or back out of the Amazon contract prior to Tump saying anything about it. They were delivering Amazon seven days a week and could handle it so I’m not sure what you’re talking about, Sunday deliveries still happens in certain cities.

Yes USPS charges less than they should but they have to because that’s part of the service they are supposed to be providing. A lot of you forget who and what usps is.

screw the post office

Jkloc420

Since you emphasized this....You are not the paying customer, the retailer that you bought it from is the paying customer. You haven't paid ups a dime.

Besides that, IMO, it is totally up to you, if you want to pu at hub, or have it delivered.

I, personally, pick them up, less occasions for possible damage and loss. Put in the request to pu well before it gets to my hub, that way, it is waiting for me when I get there, and sometimes, the day before.
You mean when they sold books

Mack37

screw the post office

Ya know, The lack of love here is staggering. Not only does UPS already heavily work with USPS, their employees are supposed to be your union brothers and sisters.

UPS is never going to be the sole outfit in the US so if this is some kind of issue where you feel threatened, get over it. Your better off making money off the postal service because if they told you to take surepost and shove it up your ass, I assure you UPS isn’t going to be happy.

Jkloc420

Ya know, The lack of love here is staggering. Not only does UPS already heavily work with USPS, their employees are supposed to be your union brothers and sisters.

UPS is never going to be the sole outfit in the US so if this is some kind of issue where you feel threatened, get over it. Your better off making money off the postal service because if they told you to take surepost and shove it up your ass, I assure you UPS isn’t going to be happy.
Why would ups be threatened by the post office, they make no money and only stay afloat because of the government. Usps should fear fedex and ups because they might be split between the two sometime down the road

Mack37

Why would ups be threatened by the post office, they make no money and only stay afloat because of the government. Usps should fear fedex and ups because they might be split between the two sometime down the road

Except that will never happen. Because of the government? USPS is the government . Let me know when UPS is explicitly authorized by the constitution.

Not threatened at all? Amazon is half of the e-commerce business in this country and up until recently 62% of their shipments were with the postal service. Around half of UPS’s domestic volume growth over the last half decade is attributed to sure-post.

Doesn’t matter anyways. You’re right in saying the postal service isn’t real competition because the postal service isn’t going anywhere regardless of revenue. FedEx is your rival so you can duke it out with them.

Privatization is always a laugh, split up between FedEx and UPS you say? Too bad UPS and FedEx are two of the biggest proponents AGAINST privatizing the post office. Easy to take advantage of a government agency, not so with a private company.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Not the post office, its towards you. Your posts reek of narcissism and self-importance.