Amazon letting FXG ship their stuff again ???

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Having to go crawling back to Fat Freddy in any capacity is in your mind's eye a "positive career progression"?.........Hahahaha!. Must not have much in the way of career aspirations.BTW. "Deserved"? It's more like entitled and the belief that simply because you were born makes you so.

Some guy who sits around worrying that he might not get paid because the guy he ripped off can't afford to pay him isn't in a position to comment about people who have real jobs.

bacha29

Some guy who sits around worrying that he might not get paid because the guy he ripped off can't afford to pay him isn't in a position to comment about people who have real jobs.
Whoa Bucko. I never said that the buyer wasn't keeping current on his installments. My only concern was whether in the coming years he would make it as a small rural contractor in a business that is consolidating and downsizing the overall number of contractors. In fact he offered to pay me off in November but I pointed to the fact that the contract contained no such language regarding a lump sum payoff and that I would prefer that rather than payoff he take the cash and spend it on peak season redundancy which few rural contractors have enough of and judging by last peaks debacle there wasn't enough of it anywhere . I can wait and continue with the current system of quarterly payments for the time being.

vantexan

Whoa Bucko. I never said that the buyer wasn't keeping current on his installments. My only concern was whether in the coming years he would make it as a small rural contractor in a business that is consolidating and downsizing the overall number of contractors. In fact he offered to pay me off in November but I pointed to the fact that the contract contained no such language regarding a lump sum payoff and that I would prefer that rather than payoff he take the cash and spend it on peak season redundancy which few rural contractors have enough of and judging by last peaks debacle there wasn't enough of it anywhere . I can wait and continue with the current system of quarterly payments for the time being.
So he's doing well enough to pay you off early on a route you couldn't make a go of? Hmmmmmm............

bacha29

Then what happened? You hit the booze or something?
Spinal stenosis, a double hip joint replacement and the prospect of unimpressive returns relative to the increased future risks of becoming multi route contractor especially compared to the fact that over the past 10 years the S&P 500 has gone up 185%.

vantexan

Spinal stenosis, a double hip joint replacement and the prospect of unimpressive returns relative to the increased future risks of becoming multi route contractor especially compared to the fact that over the past 10 years the S&P 500 has gone up 185%.
So you say.

59 Dano

So he's doing well enough to pay you off early on a route you couldn't make a go of? Hmmmmmm............

And "He offered to pay me in full and I said no because I'm watching out for him and I wanted him to put it into his business because it's for his own good," no less!

59 Dano

For someone who knows what all the numbers are, you don't demonstrate any comprehension of what they mean. You turned down a lump of cash that could be working wonders for you in the market which, as you surely know, has been on fire.

bacha29

And "He offered to pay me in full and I said no because I'm watching out for him and I wanted him to put it into his business because it's for his own good," no less!
Wrong again. It's called the binding terms of a contract. The terms are the terms. The language is the language And when both sides fully and completely adhere to the terms everyone wins in more ways than purely financial. And believe me when it comes to the adherence to terms of a contract Ground never set any performance records in that area.

In fact a company executive told me right to my face that it didn't consider any part of the operating contract binding upon itself. Going the distance (6 years) in full and complete compliance obviously means nothing to someone like you who has clearly made too many trips to the academy but it does to me and others as well. But for your information, I told the buyer that despite the lack of payoff language if he wanted to make an offer I would look at it but knowing what kind of a peak season that was coming I believed getting some redundancy and additional capacity was more important at the moment.

59 Dano

Wrong again. It's called the binding terms of a contract. The terms are the terms. The language is the language And when both sides fully and completely adhere to the terms everyone wins in more ways than purely financial.

The terms of my mortgage are that I'll pay it off, one month at a time, in 360 months. You think it's bad to pay it off early BECAUSE TERMS IS TERMS DERP DERP.

But for your information, I told the buyer that despite the lack of payoff language if he wanted to make an offer I would look at it but knowing what kind of a peak season that was coming I believed getting some redundancy and additional capacity was more important at the moment.

That's like trying to pay off a car early and the bank telling you no, your kid is going to need braces so you'd better use the money for that. You have the worse business sense of anyone or you're screwing that guy so bad that it's not even funny.

bacha29

The terms of my mortgage are that I'll pay it off, one month at a time, in 360 months. You think it's bad to pay it off early BECAUSE TERMS IS TERMS DERP DERP.

That's like trying to pay off a car early and the bank telling you no, your kid is going to need braces so you'd better use the money for that. You have the worse business sense of anyone or you're screwing that guy so bad that it's not even funny.[/QUOTE You answered your own point when you mentioned the word "terms". Once again there were no terms, no language regarding an early payoff. You talk about paying off loans early which I'm sure you can do if there existed language provisions that allow for it.
Now let me try once again. I told you before that if the buyer wanted to make a payoff offer I would look at it and if everything was in order I probably would have signed it. Now, the current TM at that station will not run company funded temps to help during peak meaning that if you're a contractor whatever lands in your sector it's on you to get it out to where it has to go regardless of whatever contrary contract terms exist.... Again that contract is not considered binding on that company by the company

Now as you can plainly see, no wait, you obviously can't. Nevertheless what I gave to buyer was two choices. Put together a payoff proposal or continue under current terms and get some extra trained people and some extra rented trucks standing by whether or not he actually needed them. He chose the latter.

You see Dano, there's a little thing out there which unfortunately they don't teach you at the academy......It's called......good faith.....You ought to try it sometime. it'll be a whole new life experience for you.

bacha29

That's like trying to pay off a car early and the bank telling you no, your kid is going to need braces so you'd better use the money for that. You have the worse business sense of anyone or you're screwing that guy so bad that it's not even funny.
You answered your own point when you mentioned the word "terms". Once again there were no terms, no language regarding an early payoff. You talk about paying off loans early which I'm sure you can if there existed language provisions that allow for it.

Now let me try once again. I told you before that if the buyer wanted to make a payoff offer I would look at it and if everything was in order I probably would have signed it. Now, the current senior manager at this station will not run company funded temps to help during peak meaning that whatever lands in your sector it's on you to get it out there regardless of whatever contrary contract terms existed because again nothing in that contract that company considers binding upon itself.

Now understand, no wait, you don't. Nevertheless I gave the buyer two options and either one was fine. Submit a payoff offer or pursue my suggestion that he assemble additional trained people and rental trucks to have standing by in order to be better prepared for peak. I took this action after a down line manager expressed his concern regarding the lack of peak season preparations by all contractors at the station.

Instead of teaching courses at the academy such as "Strategic Misrepresentation" better known as lying perhaps it should teach a course in.....Good Faith.
You ought to try it sometime Dano.......it will be a whole new life experience for you.

59 Dano

You answered your own point when you mentioned the word "terms". Once again there were no terms, no language regarding an early payoff. You talk about paying off loans early which I'm sure you can if there existed language provisions that allow for it.

Now let me try once again. I told you before that if the buyer wanted to make a payoff offer I would look at it and if everything was in order I probably would have signed it. Now, the current senior manager at this station will not run company funded temps to help during peak meaning that whatever lands in your sector it's on you to get it out there regardless of whatever contrary contract terms existed because again nothing in that contract that company considers binding upon itself.

Now understand, no wait, you don't. Nevertheless I gave the buyer two options and either one was fine. Submit a payoff offer or pursue my suggestion that he assemble additional trained people and rental trucks to have standing by in order to be better prepared for peak. I took this action after a down line manager expressed his concern regarding the lack of peak season preparations by all contractors at the station.

Instead of teaching courses at the academy such as "Strategic Misrepresentation" better known as lying perhaps it should teach a course in.....Good Faith.
You ought to try it sometime Dano.......it will be a whole new life experience for you.

You just keep saying, over and over, "I could have taken the payoff but I told him not to pay me off and it was for his own good."

bacha29

You just keep saying, over and over, "I could have taken the payoff but I told him not to pay me off and it was for his own good."
Wrong. . I let it up to him to decide which one of the two best good faith options I was able to offer him was in "his own good".

59 Dano

Now understand, no wait, you don't. Nevertheless I gave the buyer two options and either one was fine. Submit a payoff offer or pursue my suggestion that he assemble additional trained people and rental trucks to have standing by in order to be better prepared for peak.

How many more times are you going to ramble on what you could say in one sentence?

59 Dano

Wrong. . I let it up to him to decide which one of the two best good faith options I was able to offer him was in "his own good".

"Submit a payoff offer or pursue my suggestion that he assemble additional trained people and rental trucks to have standing by in order to be better prepared for peak."