AMAZON - Should we be concerned?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
just? it's been over for like 8 years dude <__>
For starters even 8 years is not LONG overdue.

Second We've been recovering from
That recession for years. Hopefully we've finally turned a corner these last couple of years. But many believe the only thing that pulled us out was QE and as we wind that down who knows what might happen.

Not my recommendation. Could work for you but gotta be quick to get in and out of that market at the right time. Which is definitely not easy.

I've been doing quite well with it (approx 100k since 2011). Same with selling coins for numismatic (collector) value and moving it into metals. I'll be good, but definitely don't recommend for someone wet behind the ears on it.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
People may not believe this, but it's true. Through the first half of this year, Bezos has made over $20,000,000.00 PER HOUR based on 9 hour days (he actually doesn't work excessively like other similar people). That's over $23B this year. One other person has made ever more than that, Mark Zuckerberg.

Why would these guys pay their workers well if they only personally make $20 million/hr?
He hasn't made anything. That's all numbers on paper.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Yes, but it's not income per se. These men own a large share of their companies, those shares have increased substantially this year. Hence over $23,000,000,000.00+ made in 6 months. Amazon is hovering around $1,000 a share!
Share price in that context is meaningless.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If libs like Bezos, Zuckerberg, and Buffett did what they preach and each took $50B from each of their 3 fortunes, they could give the bottom 30,000,000 people in the US $5,000 each and give them a boost in their lives.

So, everybody would get another big screen a giant sized iPhone and some 22" spinners

JL 0513

He hasn't made anything. That's all numbers on paper.

True in a sense that it's not money in the bank, but it is still official net worth. It's in stock. He could sell the stock.

These billionaires are all heavily weighted by stock value. And it ebb and flows with the wind. In one instance last year, Bezos "made" $6 billion in 20 minutes during a spike in trading.

JL 0513

So, everybody would get another big screen a giant sized iPhone and some 22" spinners

It's true, in my example, giving a large portion of these poor people $5,000 would immediately be squandered. That's just the reality with these people. Most wouldn't use it as a launching pad to better their lives (perhaps create some sort of internet start up/small business). Or go get a CDL and change your life.

Regardless, my "suggestion" wasn't serious. I would never expect billionaires to cut checks to millions of poor people, because they know that most of it would just be wasted. I also don't have a "spread the wealth" mentality.