Amazon suspending shipments

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Because China can quarantine 70 million people by force and weld their doors shut or shoot/disappear them if necessary.

Can you just imagine what that WACKO in North Korea is doing to their people.
Screenshot_20200318-062905_Chrome.jpg

He's probably on vacation.
Waterboarding, uh I mean surfboarding somewhere warm.

M

MenInBrown

How is China on the decline of this virus and the US is ramping u for a supposed 3 month pandemic!? WTF is going on!
Earliest date is mid November in China. History of pandemics show they last on average of 3 months.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Is the rest of the world in on getting Trump voted out of office with their quarantines and closures too?
The point is that the flu is killing more people than this virus in a parallel time period.
We shall see how this is digressing as time goes on but as of right now it's not even close.

Box Ox

The point is that the flu is killing more people than this virus in a parallel time period.
We shall see how this is digressing as time goes on but as of right now it's not even close.

Right. So being that the mortality rate of COVID-19 is higher than the flu, we should keep it from becoming as widespread as the flu already is in the US. It's not some political conspiracy.

oldngray

nowhere special
Right. So being that the mortality rate of COVID-19 is higher than the flu, we should keep it from becoming as widespread as the flu already is in the US. It's not some political conspiracy.
Mortality rate of Covid may not even be higher than the flu. Vast majority of those exposed/infected show mild or no symptoms. It is the few with severe cases that are getting tested and have a higher mortality rate. Nobody knows (or at least reports) the real numbers.

Last edited:

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
According to published cdc stats you are incorrect.
Also, looking at the apples to oranges healthcare issues of other countries to the usa and Chinese populace living on top of each other (plus it's obvious they dont care about their own citizens and haven't for decades) I can see why its spreading and mortality rates are higher. I'm sure Iran is in the same deficient category as the rest of them who have grade b or c healthcare.

Time will be the judge but you gotta compare apples to apples here. That multiplier is not proven as of yet.
And this, of course is my opinion from the numbers already derived from actual stats.
We shall see.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Oh yeah? Show me your CDC numbers and I'll show you mine.
Post em. The facts are well documented that during the same period multiple thousands of people died of influenza whereas this virus paled in comparison.
Archive it yourself. I already posted it. I'm not wasting anymore effort on hype. Time will be the judge and as it stands your horse seems to be not in the race.

Box Ox

Post em. The facts are well documented that during the same period multiple thousands of people died of influenza whereas this virus paled in comparison.
Archive it yourself. I already posted it. I'm not wasting anymore effort on hype. Time will be the judge and as it stands your horse seems to be not in the race.

Total deaths is not mortality rate. This will be a much bigger deal than the flu if spread is not mitigated.

oldngray

nowhere special
This is way worse than the flu. The COVID19 numbers are constantly changing, but the mortality rate at advanced age is shocking. Do we really want to lose 15% of our parents and grandparents?
Seasonal flu 0.1%
COVID19 1.4%?
Lower death rate estimates for coronavirus provide glimmer of hope - STAT
Deadly for elderly or those with weak immune systems. Not nearly as bad for younger healthy people. A lot of recent actions have been to limit contact to the elderly for that reason.

Staydryitsraining

Amazon is upping its pay rates by $2 an hour in the U.S and hiring for 100,000 new full- and part-time positions across the country in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

They are suspending some shipments because they are OVERWHELMED by the increase in orders.

People home all day ordering.....HERE IT COMES!
Wont last in 2 weeks most people wont have a pay check

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Deadly for elderly or those with weak immune systems. Not nearly as bad for younger healthy people. A lot of recent actions have been to limit contact to the elderly for that reason.
We have antibiotics and processes in place for influenza. Yet 22000 people have died this season already. I am not buying in to the this hysteria.

oldngray

nowhere special
We have antibiotics and processes in place for influenza. Yet 22000 people have died this season already. I am not buying in to the this hysteria.
Antibiotics don't work for viruses other than for secondary infections. Antivirals can help but not 100% effective plus expensive and limited supply. If you can't vaccinate to prevent infection then trying to limit spread is the best option.

Last edited: