Amazon buying UPS would..

• Harm Teamsters

Votes: 56 90.3%
  • Benefit Teamsters

Votes: 6 9.7%

• Total voters
T

thisjobaintforeverybody

I've heard this rumor for a few months now. Does anyone have any reliable information on it? Is this just a rumor?

You know Amazon had a guy caught peeing on somebody's front porch!! There going out of business Cupid!!

MemphisHubFedExer

They are indeed buying UPS, just as soon as they are done acuiring federal express, walmart, Starbucks, kellogs and general motors. In 5 years, we'll all be headed to work in our chevy alexas eating prime pop tarts, drinking prime latte, just to deliver packages people order off there echoes. Yes sir, the future is bright.

muthatrucka

I've heard this rumor for a few months now. Does anyone have any reliable information on it? Is this just a rumor?
They are our daddy now. I’m Sunday through Thurs but I’m forced to work Friday bc daddy said so. Good money but Daddy amazon tells us when we work and when we can take off.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
@Indecisi0n has seen the paperwork on it. It would be best to ask him about it
The paperwork might be stained with DNA. Best to wear gloves.

2017-11-03-20-25-14-.jpg

moldsporh

Amazon spends almost 2 BILLION dollars of their own money each year just to make their sales look appealing to buyers by covering some of the shipping costs.

You think a company that profits almost 2 BILLION per quarter...aka.. UPS... will sell to a company like that?

Wait until Amazon workers demand fair pay and benefits...that 2B loss per year will grow even more.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Wait until Amazon workers demand fair pay and benefits...that 2B loss per year will grow even more.
don't hold your breath, the Amazon workers i know get free cappuccino and can play console video games on their breaks/lunch, plus the work is far simpler/easier for them

you think that workforce is going to crack before ours does? lol okay

Kae3106

And speaking of that, will the defined benefit pension plan make it past the next contract. From what you read its almost a thing of the past with a majority of companys.
Defined benefit pension was killed earlier this year for management and non-union employees. It's been closed to new participants since 2008 but now there is a date where they will stop contributing. There's no way they'll take it away from one group of employees and not try to take it away from others.

moldsporh

Defined benefit pension was killed earlier this year for management and non-union employees. It's been closed to new participants since 2008 but now there is a date where they will stop contributing. There's no way they'll take it away from one group of employees and not try to take it away from others.

UPS management is not part of the Union , they don't work under a negotiated contract.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
You think playing console video games and a cup of cappuccino will take care your family and pay your bills....lol, okay.

Apparently some people under estimate the actual size and wealth of UPS.
The kind of people Amazon hires look at those as benefits, and aren't terribly far-sighted.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
You think playing console video games and a cup of cappuccino will take care your family and pay your bills....lol, okay.

Apparently some people under estimate the actual size and wealth of UPS.
you think those are the kinds of people who are working there? lol okay

it's called ENTRY LEVEL for a reason dude

badpal

Well that's kinda what I wondering, us old folks are locked in, but in the next contract will they start trying to wean off future employees, and if that's good or bad , I sure don't know.