Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Cupid, Nov 22, 2017.
It happened. Amazon bought us. Check the news. Abney was offered a job at the local fulfillment center.
By the way Amazon is facing increasing pressure from direct to consumer worldwide giant Alibaba.
I recently purchased something that retailed for $300+ tax on Amazon for $82 with no tax added from Alibaba (free shipping). Amazon sells the same stuff but you can cut them out of the supply chain by simply ordering direct from China (Alibaba).
I think Amazon's near monopoly on internet sales in the USA is eventually doomed by direct to consumer Chinese companies, as pointed out by this Forbes article...
Alibaba Beats Amazon
Alibaba's stock is up 100% over the last year...
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. ADR
Alibaba Group - Wikipedia
At closing time on the date of its initial public offering (IPO) - the world's highest, 19 September 2014, Alibaba's market value was US$231 billion. As of January 2018, Alibaba's market cap stood at US$527 billion. It is one of the top 10 most valuable and biggest companies in the world. In January 2018, Alibaba became the second Asian company to break the US$500 billion valuation mark, after Tencent.
Alibaba is the world's largest and most valuable retailer since April 2016, with operations in over 200 countries, as well as one of the largest Internet companies. Its online sales and profits surpassed all US retailers (including Walmart,Amazon and eBay) combined since 2015. It has been expanding into the media industry, with revenues rising 3-digit percents year on year. It also orchestrated China's Singles' Day into the world's biggest online and offline shopping day, with its own sales reaching over US$25.4 billion on 11 November 2017.
Amazon ownes 25 % of a French shipping company calledColis Prive.Amazon is looking to buy the remaining 75%. Amazon will not buy UPS because they have invested Millions in their own shipping structure and if they bought UPS none amazon customers would leave
I think Amazon will eventually buy out UPS and FedEx I believe it will eventually get to the point where they can't compete with Amazon and all we'll see is nothing but Amazon packages
Don't underestimate Brown
I'm not underestimating the power of the Brown I'm just trying to say that Amazon is growing pretty quickly and with that being said I believe it will eventually get to the point that UPS and FedEx can no longer compete and Amazon will see it as a win win situation because it would mean that they can utilize hubs already built instead of having to wait for new Amazon centers to be built
That's why UPS has class A shares.
Personally I look to not buy from Amazon. If anyone is even close, I will go with them over Amazon. Especially companies that are loyal to us like Target. I have also twice in the last couple of months bought from Alibaba. One item took awhile ( I wasn't in a hurry) and was under $3.00. The closest I could find it for here on Amazon was $32.00. I was a little skeptical at first, but it made a believer out of me
If Amazon gets that big, they would not be able to buy
UPS as it could be considered a monopoly, due to lack of competion.
Curious, who does Alibaba ship with when it comes to the U.S.?
Some guy on a Magic Carpet delivers it?
Alibaba's push into the U.S. market has already provided a boost to the United States Postal Service, as the two sides reached an agreement in 2015 in which USPS treats all packages from Alibaba as priority mail. This means U.S. customers can receive orders from Alibaba's e-commerce sites more quickly than in previous years.
More importantly, the agreement makes USPS the exclusive last-mile delivery partner for Alibaba in the U.S., which eliminates other carriers such as FedEx and UPS that used to ship for Alibaba.
From a business insider article
This was a huge missed opportunity for UPS.
I have ordered direct from China....same products as Amazon without the middleman.
Cost was 1/3.
Amazon's monopoly will not stand long.
I wonder how trumps trade war will effect Alibaba?
JD is another huge Chinese online retailer.
Personally I would like to see the Chinese companies hit hard until China starts upholding human rights.
I would also like to see Amazon kept in check. They dominate too much of the U.S. online retail market. Monopolies can only grow so big before they are broken up.
The two times I placed orders shipping was free. One time was slow, about 10 days, and I think it was china post. The other time was relatively fast, but I don't remember who delivered it. I want to say the Post Office but am not sure.
Do you mean the human rights of their Muslim citizens? Or Muslim terrorist.
Separate names with a comma.