Amazon buying UPS would..

• Harm Teamsters

Votes: 56 90.3%
  • Benefit Teamsters

Votes: 6 9.7%

• Total voters

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Well that's kinda what I wondering, us old folks are locked in, but in the next contract will they start trying to wean off future employees, and if that's good or bad , I sure don't know.
it's great if you know basic investing, if you're a complete mongoloid then well you're probably screwed in life no matter what

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Well that's kinda what I wondering, us old folks are locked in, but in the next contract will they start trying to wean off future employees, and if that's good or bad , I sure don't know.

Since H&H have a Brownout going again this contract year, we do not know what UPS really wants.

The rumors were that they did want to dump the defined pension for a matching 401K for all new employees.

Only time will tell.

Staydryitsraining

I don't know, can't see a big enough benefit there, the largest expense is the staff, they want infrastructure, and USPS still relies heavily on FDX and UPS for transport, they want to own the transportation lanes.
Im going to guess it would cost 130b to buy ups, provided if the union could or would allow it. Amazon is anti union and anti human so they would probably get rid of most of the work force and wages from the acquired company they bought. Im also not sure how they would handle the pension side, im guessing because its a contractual agreement amazon would trouble with that.Amazon doesnt have the money to buy any of the top three so they will probably just continue to grow out what they are doing. Truth is Amazon will do to the shipping companies what they are doing to retail companies. Slowing making them go out of business. From a business stand point its genius provided you have money to burn, from a societal stand point I dont agree with it because its putting people out of jobs and killing wages. Lower prices so much that everyone uses your services until your competitors go out of business and you capture the market, then you can do whatever you want. I personally think Jeff bozo is a lunatic and anyone who thinks like him. Lower costs and raise profits, getting rid of human labor costs. The problem is if people cant work they cant buy things and if people cant buy things they wont use the services. They make how much money and pay their people so little, same with walmart. There is no possible explanation to wanting that much money while you pay and treat your workers as they do unless your hell bent on power and taking over control.

Staydryitsraining

Im going to guess it would cost 130b to buy ups, provided if the union could or would allow it. Amazon is anti union and anti human so they would probably get rid of most of the work force and wages from the acquired company they bought. Im also not sure how they would handle the pension side, im guessing because its a contractual agreement amazon would trouble with that.Amazon doesnt have the money to buy any of the top three so they will probably just continue to grow out what they are doing. Truth is Amazon will do to the shipping companies what they are doing to retail companies. Slowing making them go out of business. From a business stand point its genius provided you have money to burn, from a societal stand point I dont agree with it because its putting people out of jobs and killing wages. Lower prices so much that everyone uses your services until your competitors go out of business and you capture the market, then you can do whatever you want. I personally think Jeff bozo is a lunatic and anyone who thinks like him. Lower costs and raise profits, getting rid of human labor costs. The problem is if people cant work they cant buy things and if people cant buy things they wont use the services. They make how much money and pay their people so little, same with walmart. There is no possible explanation to wanting that much money while you pay and treat your workers as they do unless your hell bent on power and taking over control.
Thats super long, sorry, wrote it while im on the commode.

Staydryitsraining

Id bet on them being willing to pay more for FedEx to get larger facilities, better network/capital and no obligation to deliver everyone’s mail. USPS isn’t built for anything but the smallest packages Amazon is sending out.
But from what ive seen thats all they are interested in. The areas of the country who have essentially lost amazon still deliver the big boxes from amazon. Amazon says jump and the usps says how high. My example would be the massive hiring they did and the delivering on sundays just for amazon. I wouldnt be surprised if bozo already has a plan to take it over.

oldngray

nowhere special
Need more fiber.
Colon_Blow.png

I've heard this rumor for a few months now. Does anyone have any reliable information on it? Is this just a rumor?
Amazon doesn't need to buy UPS. They already have the infrastructure to start their own delivery. They have a more efficient distribution centers. All they need it to start building satellite centers. They are non union so they can pay half of what UPS drivers make. Jeff Bezos keeps reinvesting profits back into the company. He is aiming to dominate all facets of product delivery and distribution.