Amazon to open air hub Cincy

Gone fishin

I probably got 10 Amazon deliveries last week in total. They use Amazon flex delivery service in my area. It got horrible reviews. This can't be their final plan

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The amazing thing is that I'd be willing to bet FedEx nor UPS make hardly any money on Amazon shipments. They probably pay just enough to cover fuel and labor, but we likely make next to nothing on each crappy Amazon box.

Amazon is about to learn how messy the logistics biz really is.

They couldn't have chosen a more jinxed hub location in CVG.

An ailing DHL bought an ailing ABX. DHL's international network would synergize with ABX's domestic network to streamline and blah blah blah. Then it actually happened and it turns out they just lost more money, albeit under one name instead of two. And here's Amazon, doing the same thing.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I probably got 10 Amazon deliveries last week in total. They use Amazon flex delivery service in my area. It got horrible reviews. This can't be their final plan

The issue here with Amazon drivers is the same one Uber has with its drivers. Too many people on duty for anyone to make any money.

Star B

White Lightening
They couldn't have chosen a more jinxed hub location in CVG.

An ailing DHL bought an ailing ABX. DHL's international network would synergize with ABX's domestic network to streamline and blah blah blah. Then it actually happened and it turns out they just lost more money, albeit under one name instead of two. And here's Amazon, doing the same thing.
Delta did well with CVG until they bought NWA and then gained DTW/MSP/MEM. They shuttered MEM due to being too close to ATL and shuttered CVG because NWA had their flagship terminal (McNamera) in DTW.

SmithBarney

None of the carriers that you mentioned double as retailers.

I highly doubt that Amazon will deliver anything other than their own goods/services.

They already do... I can take my 5000 Widgets, or all my used books, ship them to Amazon, and they will sell them for me...

And you can bet your last dollar if there is space on an Amazon Plane and someone willing to pay to get something somewhere, they'll sell them a spot.