An idea that could work if we worked as one:

Re-Raise

So what would we have to do to get UPS to offer a E.S.O.P. program? Would we have to have a majority stake in the company? Or is it something we can get in the union contract?

I don't even know how we would start (other than getting people to participate).

You know we already have a discounted stock purchase plan for employees don't you? Class A shares with 10 times the voting rights as class B.

BMWSauber1991

Well, the Company (UPS) is required by the SEC to disclose its major shareholders, usually someone or some entity the holds more than 5% of voting stock. Management would know well in advance of anyone attempting to acquire enough voting stock to influence their decision making process.

Yes, I know they must disclose their information. But since our class "A" stock's voting rights are worth ten votes versus the public's class "B" stock which are only worth one vote we would not need much stock to get an advantage when it came time to vote on this issue. They would need ten times the amount of stock we owned...

BMWSauber1991

Companies have the option of limiting the voting rights of stock offered through an employee stock plan.

So if they found out that we where trying to take over the voting process by buying up all the class "A" shares, they would decide to limit our voting rights? Since class "A" and class "B" stock is common stock we would still have at least one vote per stock. Most common stock has voting rights versus preferred stock that has limited voting rights but receives dividend payments first.

BMWSauber1991

You know we already have a discounted stock purchase plan for employees don't you? Class A shares with 10 times the voting rights as class B.

Haha yes, I do know this. I specifically posted in my original post class "A", it is only available to UPS Employees and probably former employees. I also know that we get a discount of 5% when we purchase our shares.