An Update for Customers on the FedEx Holiday FAIL

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Dear Customers,

Here's an example of just how bad FedEx is failing you this Christmas season. I have heard that many FedEx locations are not accepting most of their incoming freight. That means that your package scheduled for delivery today is sitting at a FedEx ramp (airport) facility...going nowhere. And it might just sit for a few more days at the destination FedEx location station.

This isn't an isolated report...it is nationwide. A very small portion of the problem is weather, although that's the lie FedEx will tell you. And you can't get your money back because they cancel the on-time guarantee during peak season. So...you are screwed.

FedEx knew this would happen, but all they care about is getting your money. They have it, and that's all that counts. UPS hired temporary workers, and made prudent peak season plans...FedEx did not.

Please notify your local media or try calling FedEx upper management to let them know how FedEx is screwing the customer this year. Next year, ship it UPS.

TUT

But then some will get improved service as you move packages on weekends you normally wouldn't.

But I get it everything Fedex does... bad, everything UPS does... good. You totally blew it and picked the wrong side to find employment.

But I would think they should be getting slammed about now, as all these shippers start moving their systems from Ground to Express in hopes to make Christmas. I don't doubt you in full though, I bet it can really tax your system and in some cases Ground may still be faster. The good news is we are talking presents and people sort of get it if they order late it just might not make it. It's happened to me before and it's like a Christmas that doesn't end. We'll survive in customer land.

DinkyDog

We may fail due to weather issues, but ALL our incoming packages are delivered and in most cases delivered early at no extra charge. What source do you use for this misinformation? Sometimes we return to load up more when a plane is delayed. Do you? We also work Saturdays and Sundays if need be to get the job done. Why can't you just acknowledge that both companies are busting their butts instead of trying to start some smear campaign. oh , you must be the guy who thinks he's better than everyone else because he drives a "brown" truck. It is not possible the you are part of #PurplePride...Gimme a break

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
The preceding post was obviously a satire to offer us all a bit of holiday levity. I have to admit, Dinky Dog, you actually had me going there for a moment!

"Purple Pride" - oh stop it man, you're killing me with that stuff!!!

(very funny post though)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
But then some will get improved service as you move packages on weekends you normally wouldn't.

But I get it everything Fedex does... bad, everything UPS does... good. You totally blew it and picked the wrong side to find employment.

But I would think they should be getting slammed about now, as all these shippers start moving their systems from Ground to Express in hopes to make Christmas. I don't doubt you in full though, I bet it can really tax your system and in some cases Ground may still be faster. The good news is we are talking presents and people sort of get it if they order late it just might not make it. It's happened to me before and it's like a Christmas that doesn't end. We'll survive in customer land.

We aren't doing pickups in many markets starting tomorrow....FAIL.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We may fail due to weather issues, but ALL our incoming packages are delivered and in most cases delivered early at no extra charge. What source do you use for this misinformation? Sometimes we return to load up more when a plane is delayed. Do you? We also work Saturdays and Sundays if need be to get the job done. Why can't you just acknowledge that both companies are busting their butts instead of trying to start some smear campaign. oh , you must be the guy who thinks he's better than everyone else because he drives a "brown" truck. It is not possible the you are part of #PurplePride...Gimme a break

LOL. God, I hope this is satire. I work for FedEx, not UPS.

overflowed

All things are possible.
“Each day means a new twenty-four hours. Each day means everything's possible again. You live in the moment, you take it all one day at a time [...] You try to walk in the light”
Marie Lu

Sounds more like our nightmare. Sorry, this is my cousin.
images

!Retired!

Which markets exactly?

I don't know where you get your information from. But, our station, and the others in our state are getting/'accepting' all their freight. IF there's cans sitting at the airport, 2 to 1 says their not due that day. As DinkyDog mentioned, what about the packages delivered early. I attempted 130 stops yesterday and probably 30% (I didn't count) were due Thursday/Friday.

hypo hanna

Which markets exactly?

I don't know where you get your information from. But, our station, and the others in our state are getting/'accepting' all their freight. IF there's cans sitting at the airport, 2 to 1 says their not due that day. As DinkyDog mentioned, what about the packages delivered early. I attempted 130 stops yesterday and probably 30% (I didn't count) were due Thursday/Friday.

As far as I know we are still taking in freight only with earlier cutoff times and added access. As much as 5 hours for some zips. Been that way all month.

thedownhillEXPRESS

We were told tons of freight is "stuck" in the system.
Just not enough manpower or will to get the job done.
Going to be delivering Christmas presents until New Years.

TUT

Really? Where? I got an Express Saturday pickup incoming... Let alone they picked up today and will Friday as well.

I have no doubt you are slammed, you are now getting all the last minute freight that ground can't commit to. Must be amazing, for lack of a better word.