And here...we...go. Amazon launches UPS/FedEx style package cars

JL 0513

Have them here in San Diego already.

From what I'm told they get paid the same as the Van drivers so they are having trouble getting people to do it because of no AC and heavier packages. Lol
View attachment 301851

Not that UPS trucks look all that modern, this looks oddly really dated with those headlights and grill.

wow they get handrails on the back?

UPS package cars have them, inside.

Be careful fedex started out like this

And in a far, far weaker position. Kinda scary what a trillion dollar company can do.

SLW

Barring gov't intervention, Amazon WILL control the world and UPS is a goner, as are many, many other companies in a variety of industries. No joke, they already keep their data centers well under wraps in part because there are so many and they don't want anyone to get "concerned."

In any case, even though UPS provides well for us, that's only because of the Teamsters. If Amazon World is inevitable, the hope and goal should be to get their workers organized.

SafetyFirst

Amazon can easily afford to pay more money for drivers if they seem it necessary.

I don't know why people don't take this as the threat that it is. Especially when we all get to see for ourselves everyday all the incredibly dumb decisions made at this company everyday. Just look at what a crap show Orion STILL IS!

Est.1998

Have them here in San Diego already.

From what I'm told they get paid the same as the Van drivers so they are having trouble getting people to do it because of no AC and heavier packages. Lol
View attachment 301851
I'd stay in those comfy vans too!
Easier to maneuver, a/c, and quiet!
Amazon is crazy to think people will want to drive those things with the possibility of delivering heavier/more packages for the same pay!

Est.1998

I like the handle they have on the back of the cars. Well done amazon well done. Also they have ac, everyone should move to amazon ASAP bc we are a sinking ship. Or so this forum says idk
What I'd love is if they created pkg cars that you could attach the handtruck to the outside. Also, installed something that beeps when you're backing, and a sign attached to the back that says "this vehicle makes constant stops, please stay 50ft away", with hazard lights that flashed like a sos signal.

What I'd love is if they created pkg cars that you could attach the handtruck to the outside. Also, installed something that beeps when you're backing, and a sign attached to the back that says "this vehicle makes constant stops, please stay 50ft away", with hazard lights that flashed like a sos signal.
You don't have the LED flashers on your package car?