And here...we...go. Amazon launches UPS/FedEx style package cars

zimbomb

Hiring kids fresh out of high school as management with no idea what they are doing might be a part of the problem.
Not if you're management. UPS promotes from within for some reason. That poisonous incestuous structure needs to start Young. Imagine if they hired outside competent leadership at all levels? You know people who come from the real world not the nonsense factory.

PT Car Washer

Hiring kids fresh out of high school as management with no idea what they are doing might be a part of the problem.
FT management fills their head with so much garbage that a lot of them quit within a couple weeks when the smart ones figure out they are just another hourly. I have no idea why the career PT sups stay for 10 or 20 years.

AwashBwashCwash

First, I'm not "you guys" so chill on the fluff. Second, the Amazon center that opened within an hour of my house started at $15/he for 8 hr days. That's $3 more? Not until the pandemic did I hear of any significant increase due to the need to fill their bloated volume due to the pandemic.

What kind of quality insurance do they have compared to TeamCare? I'm sure you can come up with some unsubstantiated response for us.

So you assert some vague comparison and try to demean the rebuttal when apples to apples you can't. Healthcare is a $450/week boost for a part time upser after nine months and if the part time employee works over 5 hours they get time and one-half so their same eight hour starting wage is $16.63/hr then add the free medical for a family plan the total compensation is over $39.00/hr WITHOUT the pension bump. When you whine about part timers not staying for five years to be vested well I guess they finished college and moved on as they planned.. Did you forget the (up to) $250 per week bonus the company has paid part timers for coming to work every day on time? I'm sure you did.

Check any of my posts and please screen shot anything I said to run down or disparage any part time Teamster. You won't find any so stick to the facts and post reality because your post looks like Swiss cheese.

Oh right, how could I forget about the attendance bonus that I never received and only ever happened in select locations with major staffing issues. The attendance bonus is an ironic thing to bring up actually. For such a well-compensated job they sure do seem to have a hard time getting people to stick around.
Amazon starts at $15, the $3 thus comes from $1 + $2 hazard pay. I guess you drive trucks for a living but I'm sure even you can follow math that simple or do I need to illustrate further with pictures.
I think they recently got a lump sum payment too.
Meanwhile, crickets from UPS and teamsters.

This started because someone claimed Jeff would commit suicide before he paid Amazon employees a living wage.
I just pointed out that they make more than us an hour, which they do. We were talking about wages, you're the one who's panties got all twisted and started drawing up some hypothetical situation in which a preloader achieves the maximum possible compensation as though it's typical. Because as we all know the average preloader is some guy getting attendance bonus with 10 kids all on teamcare with 25 years vested and also going to college with the tuition assistance. Is it really that hard to admit that there isn't a huge difference in compensation and Amazon even outperforms UPS in some areas?

Last edited:

Poop Head

Judge me.
Oh right, how could I forget about the attendance bonus that I never received and only ever happened in select locations with major staffing issues. The attendance bonus is an ironic thing to bring up actually. For such a well-compensated job they sure do seem to have a hard time getting people to stick around.
Amazon starts at $15, the $3 thus comes from $1 + $2 hazard pay. I guess you drive trucks for a living but I'm sure even you can follow math that simple or do I need to illustrate further with pictures.
I think they recently got a lump sum payment too.
Meanwhile, crickets from UPS and teamsters.

This started because someone claimed Jeff would commit suicide before he paid Amazon employees a living wage.
I just pointed out that they make more than us an hour, which they do. We were talking about wages, you're the one who's panties got all twisted and started drawing up some hypothetical situation in which a preloader achieves the maximum possible compensation as though it's typical. Because as we all know the average preloader is some guy getting attendance bonus with 10 kids all on teamcare with 25 years vested and also going to college with the tuition assistance. Is it really that hard to admit that there isn't a huge difference in compensation and Amazon even outperforms UPS in some areas?
Welllll, amazon is hiring...

Days

UPS still outperforms just because of the benefits one receives. Also being a part of a union has its advantages. What’s to stop Amazon from just firing the higher paid senior employees?

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)

CNN cannot get anything right. You get unionized first then the union gets you the higher wage.

827499.gif

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I haven't experienced any free benefits at UPS either...you, me, and everyone before us earned 'em.
Being more specific, we earn what the union leadership negotiates for us. The out of pocket cost and quality of insurance was what I was comparing to Amazon''s supposed equal healthcare. So the issue is quality and cost. Not what we earn because we earn what we accept.

PT Car Washer

Being more specific, we earn what the union leadership negotiates for us. The out of pocket cost and quality of insurance was what I was comparing to Amazon''s supposed equal healthcare. So the issue is quality and cost. Not what we earn because we earn what we accept.
I agree and the negotiated two tier delivery driver classification is the cost of our benefit package.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Barring gov't intervention, Amazon WILL control the world and UPS is a goner, as are many, many other companies in a variety of industries. No joke, they already keep their data centers well under wraps in part because there are so many and they don't want anyone to get "concerned."

In any case, even though UPS provides well for us, that's only because of the Teamsters. If Amazon World is inevitable, the hope and goal should be to get their workers organized.
Their cloud system runs the show. Oddly enough AWS is far less reliable than any of the other VPS I have experience with.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Unless the healthcare is different for delivery, I have a family member who works for the amazon owned Whole Foods and their health insurance is utter dog :censored2:

Poop Head

Judge me.
For all of you new drivers out there. Don’t let this be you.

dude makes 150k a year, has been here 40 years and hasn’t managed to save a dime.
Who cares! Im going for as much debt as i can take on! I thought these credit card offers woulda slowed down as the years went on, turns out im getting more than ever!

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Last edited: