And here...we...go. Amazon launches UPS/FedEx style package cars

Over70irregs

Barring gov't intervention, Amazon WILL control the world and UPS is a goner, as are many, many other companies in a variety of industries. No joke, they already keep their data centers well under wraps in part because there are so many and they don't want anyone to get "concerned."

In any case, even though UPS provides well for us, that's only because of the Teamsters. If Amazon World is inevitable, the hope and goal should be to get their workers organized.
Show them a stub to get their attention.

rod

Retired 22 years
If we don’t survive it will be due to mismanagement. Plain and simple greed mixed with arrogance.
I've posted this before (so don't some of you get your panties in a wad) but WAY back when I first started in 1971 there was a 2 page story in a magazine called US Businesses News or Time or News Week or one of those types of rags called "What Makes Brown Run? It was basically a glowing report about how UPS was such a well oiled machine and what a great workforce they had. The whole article was nothing but GOOD news about UPS. The last paragraph said---The only way UPS could possibly fail was through BAD management----it looks like whoever wrote that article had a crystal ball.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
What I'd love is if they created pkg cars that you could attach the handtruck to the outside. Also, installed something that beeps when you're backing, and a sign attached to the back that says "this vehicle makes constant stops, please stay 50ft away", with hazard lights that flashed like a sos signal.
I was talking to a fellow driver the other day about the same thing lol especially the constant stop things

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Barring gov't intervention, Amazon WILL control the world and UPS is a goner, as are many, many other companies in a variety of industries. No joke, they already keep their data centers well under wraps in part because there are so many and they don't want anyone to get "concerned."

In any case, even though UPS provides well for us, that's only because of the Teamsters. If Amazon World is inevitable, the hope and goal should be to get their workers organized.
Amazon has hammered their drivers. Paying more for wages while millions of people are out of work is not going to happen and especially after the $600 unemployment bonus is terminated.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
It started 20 yrs ago when management started worrying more about production numbers than quality service. That, and a silly grudge over a strike 23 years ago that 90% of today's management never experienced.
Most haven't experienced $38 per hour and free benefits either. But they and their dispatchers are infallible.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Did anyone read the article associated with the picture? It said that the driver will receive a total of four days training.
Get the ambulances ready..

ManInBrown

Amazon’s got the money and the market share to accomplish just about anything it’s fully committed to. If they need to up employee compensation they will.
jeff scum Bezos would hang himself before he would pay his workforce a living wage. I don’t know how true this is, but I’ve heard whenever there is the slightest talk of unionizing at a certain building, they close up shop and fire everybody and move to a new location.

JJinVA

Guarantee Bezos will use the hordes of illegals flooding the country to run his workforce before he ever pays a UPS wage to American drivers. It kills me every time I see an Amazon driver cause Im looking at them like theyre just helping to shoot holes in the ship theyre on, building up a megalomaniac like Bezos who will dump them at the first opportunity.