And So It Begins...

vantexan

A revisionist historian am I? You on the other hand are trying to completely cut out and ignore an entire decade which contained some of the most pivotal events in our nation's history which involved some of the most gut wrenching political rolls of the dice in recent times BTW: Average GDP growth during the Obama administration 3.37% Not bad at all when you consider the fact that GDP growth for 2008 was -0.83% including a staggering -8.4% for Q4 2008.
Obama never hit 3% annually.

Bingo

You consider 2.9% growth under Trump is an "explosion" and the trade deficit growth of 23% and 1.1 million people fewer with health insurance as an economy gaining strength???????

Link------ Trump's Numbers, April 2019 Update - FactCheck.org

"Job growth slowed a bit under Trump, but unemployment dropped to the lowest level in nearly half a century."
I checked your link and those numbers in most cases really shows Trump is doing a fine job
1-wages up
2- unemployment down
3-food stamps recipients down.
The only real negative is the uninsured went up and that could be because having health insurance is no longer mandatory. Trump is not a perfect man or President but I am happy with him and will vote for him in 2020. Most of my fellow citizens in Florida feel this way.He should carry Florida again.

It will be fine

I checked your link and those numbers in most cases really shows Trump is doing a fine job
1-wages up
2- unemployment down
3-food stamps recipients down.
The only real negative is the uninsured went up and that could be because having health insurance is no longer mandatory. Trump is not a perfect man or President but I am happy with him and will vote for him in 2020. Most of my fellow citizens in Florida feel this way.He should carry Florida again.
Maximum 47% is not most by any definition.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
This shows your ignorance. Aid to the poor is a tiny % of the budget, so the little help given to the lowest on the economic scale is a corresponding low % of the debt. Look to massive defense spending as about 1/2 of the debt.

Why is it that bleeding hearts use military spending as an excuse to fund social programs that don't work?

bacha29

Why do heartless piggy republicans always use the poor as scapegoats for every problem in their lives?????
You're right. Social programs consumes only about 1.5% of the federal budget yet the Trump administration continues to seek to make severe funding cuts to key programs then dump it back onto the states and let them figure out what to do about the funding shortfall which usually amounts to raising state level taxes.

dmac1

That's rich considering you blame FedEx for everything.
Show me a post where I blame fedex for everything, or else I will just say you are lying again. In fact, I will say you are a liar, because I don't blame fedex for anything except being run by people who don't care about their workers.

Serf

I'm for raising the minimum wage to $15hr.
To hell with it. Should be 20$ on in certain regions. But how to monitor and control what qualifies for Government Assistance afterward. Example: Full Welfare, Section 8, Food Stamp, Acc programs in a state like NY, CT, MA total 40k plus. Than add Your 31,200 gross salary of full time work at 15$. ?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
To hell with it. Should be 20$ on in certain regions. But how to monitor and control what qualifies for Government Assistance afterward. Example: Full Welfare, Section 8, Food Stamp, Acc programs in a state like NY, CT, MA total 40k plus. Than add Your 31,200 gross salary of full time work at 15$. ?
I'm willing to bet that not a single one of you who support the $15/hour minimum wage is an employer.

Employment is not a fundamental right. It is you, selling your labor for an agreed upon compensation. If that compensation is not to your liking, you are free to market your services to a higher bidder.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Again with deflection. Republicans and supporters of Trump are generally selfish little ignorant piggies.

There have been studies done on which ideology is more generous. It might do you good to read some of them as you're about to go full stupid with this.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
There have been studies done on which ideology is more generous. It might do you good to read some of them as you're about to go full stupid with this.
Ya it's well known that republicans like to give money so their own church can build a gymnasium or hold a bible camp and then pretend that's charity.

vantexan

You hope I'm right that a far-fetched scenario that doesn't make any sense won't happen?
Were you on your high school debate team? I'm agreeing with you. But if the worst comes about I hope they have a plan to put tens of millions to work. The big universities like MIT and Stanford as well as private labs are working on both machines, robots and AI to replace not only manual laborers but truck drivers and even accountants. Not certain what kind of innovative new jobs will be invented for all the people they were trying to replace to begin with. But if you're right, it's all farfetched, never going to happen, then great. One scenario is how many retail jobs will be lost due to Amazon. Have seen estimates of 30% of all malls will close within 5 years because their tenants just can't compete with Amazon. That's a lot of clerks, fast food workers, security, management, janitors. I think a lot of people have seen malls and retail giants fold due to being unable to compete so not farfetched to see this happen. YMMV