And so it begins

Thebrownblob

The reality is it would be impossible to manage our system with 25%+ of your drivers and sort off to observe a holiday on a Tuesday.
For sure, I just think it’s a little humorous. The management has put a Saturday intent list up thinking anybody in their right mind would sign it and wave most of their holidays away.

Trucker Clock

Has Saturday ground really made any difference?

Yep. It has kept some major accounts from switching to FedEx to appease the customers greed of getting everything right now.

I know for a fact that Walmart, Target and Kohls wanted us to deliver their packages on Saturdays, just like FedEx would.

These companies are in competition with Amazon. Amazon delivers on Saturday. These companies wanted their packages delivered on Saturday also.

Mondays are a disaster with not enough work for some drivers and others covering 3 or 4 routes.

The effects of change. If FedEx, Amazon and the USPS quit delivering on Saturday, we probably would also.

Hell, Sunday delivering will be coming.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

Yep. It has kept some major accounts from switching to FedEx to appease the customers greed of getting everything right now.

I know for a fact that Walmart, Target and Kohls wanted us to deliver their packages on Saturdays, just like FedEx would.

These companies are in competition with Amazon. Amazon delivers on Saturday. These companies wanted their packages delivered on Saturday also.

The effects of change. If FedEx, Amazon and the USPS quit delivering on Saturday, we probably would also.

Hell, Sunday delivering will be coming.
This is what you and management keep saying. I am not so sure.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
He's a hore anyway.
giphy.gif