And so it begins

some1else

Banned
Nope it’s not they just get paid for the day and have no day off. I didn’t make that call. I’m just telling you what the decision was.
Also some supplements if they call out on Tuesday they would loose the holiday pay for Monday. So they have a regular work schedule this week and they still loose holiday pay if they call out lol

Thebrownblob

Also some supplements if they call out on Tuesday they would loose the holiday pay for Monday. So they have a regular work schedule this week and they still loose holiday pay if they call out lol
That would suck, here you just have to work either the day before or the day after and get paid for Holiday.

Trucker Clock

Best thing about the job when I started. Weekends and Holidays off.

Yep. But times change.

We used to have rotary dial telephones.
We used to have LP records.
We used to have incandescent light bulbs.
etc. etc.

The competition delivers on the weekends. We have to keep up with the competition. It is a fact of life. Weekends are here to stay, and it is up to the Teamsters to negotiate the weekend schedules, not to stop them from delivering on the weekends.

Thebrownblob

Yep. But times change.

etc. etc.

The competition delivers on the weekends. We have to keep up with the competition. It is a fact of life. Weekends are here to stay, and it is up to the Teamsters to negotiate the weekend schedules, not to stop them from delivering on the weekends.
That is the reality. I do believe everyone deserves two days off a week which this contract seems to be able to afford. But they did not fix Tuesday through Saturday people getting the extra day off for holiday
at least in the central.

That is the reality. I do believe everyone deserves two days off a week which this contract seems to be able to afford. But they did not fix Tuesday through Saturday people getting the extra day off for holiday
at least in the central.
If the holiday falls on a Saturday they get it off, I don't get an extra day.

Yep. But times change.

etc. etc.

Has Saturday ground really made any difference? Mondays are a disaster with not enough work for some drivers and others covering 3 or 4 routes.