And so it begins

Thebrownblob

I don't understand that...if holiday falls on a Sunday then we get off Monday....why wouldn't that be the same for the T-S drivers? The Monday holiday should be observed Tuesday.
Nope it’s not they just get paid for the day and have no day off. I didn’t make that call. I’m just telling you what the decision was.

govols019

You smell that?
Nope it’s not they just get paid for the day and have no day off. I didn’t make that call. I’m just telling you what the decision was.
And I'm just saying it's bull...when I had a Sunday through Thursday run and a holiday fell on Monday my holiday was observed on Sunday.

Manifesto

I always figured Saturdays were easier than Mondays .... until I volunteered two Saturdays. Both times I clocked out at 8 o'clock after driving all over the place getting resi in multiple areas. Of course I followed Orion stop for stop. The 675 bucks in one day made me forget how bad it was though, ha ha.

Johney

I don't understand that...if holiday falls on a Sunday then we get off Monday....why wouldn't that be the same for the T-S drivers? The Monday holiday should be observed Tuesday.
The Sunday start feeder drivers in my old building get Sunday as their holiday and work Monday night.

some1else

Banned
You're gonna pull something trying to make that reach.
The reach from unions get you the weekend off to the company started working weekends? You know they had scabs back then when they fought for the weekend the first time. Just like what you said “but how will the company buyback stocks if we don’t work around the clock?”

The reach from unions get you the weekend off to the company started working weekends? You know they had scabs back then when they fought for the weekend the first time. Just like what you said “but how will the company buyback stocks if we don’t work around the clock?”
That's the industry standard now, is what it is. Based on your rationale we should shut down airlines, railroads, all pro sports events, and most of Vegas, because it's the :censored2:ing weekend.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
That's the industry standard now, is what it is. Based on your rationale we should shut down airlines, railroads, all pro sports events, and most of Vegas, because it's the :censored2:ing weekend.
IMG_4621.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Every union defender ever: “The union got you a 40hr workweek and the weekend
Just a UPS Guy: it’s insane to want a weekend think of the share holders! Think of the companies profits!
Plenty of union jobs work every weekend. It is what it is.

Wait until Sunday delivery service starts.

some1else

Banned
Plenty of union jobs work every weekend. It is what it is.

Wait until Sunday delivery service starts.
So instead of the quote “unions got you the 40hr workweek and weekends”
It should be “unions got you, hey man it’s the industry standard railroads run on the weekend also”
LoL I have heard that line so many times I think It needs updated for the “new union movement”
The union got us Sunday off and overtime (state law almost everywhere) for 6 day workweeks